how to correct a wrong subscription?

13 years 2 months ago #155289 by wgary
Replied by wgary on topic Re:how to correct a wrong subscription?
Hi Krileon, sorry for long time to follow up..

I have changed the setup as suggested.
Free plan
|- Plan Student member (with additional fields)
|- Plan Personal member (with additional fields)

At registration now I will see just the free plan with all related fields.

Also when I am not logged in and I will register based on the Url for "Plan Student" I will see all related fields for both plans (additional fields are required for paid plans).

But when I register for the free plan and lateron I will update to child plan how to include all required additional fields? Because these fields are not shown if I am already logged in.

Here the base requirement: I want to have basic permissions for everybody registered. Paid members should get more permissions but the plan will be activated only after confirmation by admin. And in this pendig period (could be 1 or 2 Month based on the internal process) the waiting member should have basic permissions.

If I have all plans on the same level the waiting members are not able to log in.
If I have a free plan with paid child plans I am not able to display additional required fields during upgrade for the child plans.

So my idea is now to add the waiting members to an hidden additional plan to grant basis access and remove them from this plan at time of confirmation by admin. Would this the best solution?

Sorry for long explanation but based on the long pending period I have to find a solution for this issue.
br Wolfgang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156790 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:how to correct a wrong subscription?

But when I register for the free plan and lateron I will update to child plan how to include all required additional fields? Because these fields are not shown if I am already logged in.

You can't, the upgrade/subscription page when logged in has no fields displayed. What you seen when you are NOT logged in is the registration page. A logged in user obviously can't use such a page.

If am understanding correctly could you do the below setup.

Parent: Free Plan (Provides Access To A, B, and C) - Exclusive, No Upgrade, Lifetime
Child: Student Plan (Provides Access To D and E) - Exclusive, Allow Upgrade
Child: Personal Plan (Provides Access To F and G) - Exclusive, Allow Upgrade

The idea here is any mutual protection you want users to have access to for free, you'd place in the parent plan. With the child plans both being exclusive the user MUST subscribe to either/or. This means while they wait for payment to go through they have access given by the Free plan. The child plans then add to that access as the parent plan is required so in the above scenario if a user subscribed to Student plan they'd have access to A, B, C, D, and E.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn