Upgrading but not extending original date

12 years 7 months ago #175938 by sorozco
Hello,

I need to have these plans:

1. Base plan with access to 5 categories for one year. price: $50
2. Plan B: upgrade that includes all from base plan plus another 5 categories. Only should be used as an upgrade from base plan. upgrade price from base plan: $20
3. Plan C: upgrade that includes all from Plan B plus another 5 categories. Only should be used as an upgrade from plan B. Upgrade price from plan B: $20

Plan B and C should not extend the original duration of Base plan. And they should cost a fixed price of $20 each one.

No matter what upgrades a customer buy, it should not extend the one year original duration of base plan.

Is this use case possible with CBSubs?

Regards,

Sergio

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185610 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Upgrading but not extending original date

Is this use case possible with CBSubs?

Yes, upgrading from Plan A to Plan B changes the subscription and does not extend the previous subscription. You could have Plan B and Plan C child plans of Plan A with a price of $20, non-exclusive, and be lifetime. If I understand your needs correctly that would give what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185730 by sorozco
Replied by sorozco on topic Re: Upgrading but not extending original date
Hi Krileon, it has been a long time. But thank you for answering it. I will try to be more precise:

I have an user that is registered to Plan A since 3 months ago, it means that he has 9 months left to his plan. At this moment he decides to upgrade to plan B. I need him to pay the 20 dollars for upgrading to plan B, but to keep the same 9 months left when he upgrades.

In another scenario, if he decides to upgrade to plan B when he had 2 months left from the original plan A, I would need him to keep the same 2 months originally left when upgrading to plan B.

Those scenarios are covered?

What time does the upgrade have to be programmed, since they don't determine the time that the user will keep their subscription. The original plan (A) will be the plan that determines the subscription duration, and it has not to be altered/modified by any upgrades to plan B.

I suppose that it means that Plan B should not have any duration specified, because is Plan A the one that specifies that.

12 years 4 months ago #185736 by nant
A do not think those scenarios are currently supported.

What currently is possible is that if a user subscribes to plan B while actively subscribed to Plan A (and both plans A and B are mutually exclusive), then CBSubs will calculate the residual (left over) value of the existing subscription (configurable parameter) and subtract it from regulare plan B subscription cost. But plan B duration remains as is (just the price is discounted).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn