Hide menu item when logged in

14 years 3 weeks ago #127648 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Hide menu item when logged in

So what you are saying is that, A TAB CANNOT be hidden in any way from a logged user and available to ONLY a public user...?

Correct.

but a FIELD can be.

No, please re-read my post. A SUBSTITUTION INSIDE of a DELIMITER field CAN.

What you do is create a new tab, this tab has this SINGLE delimiter field; no other field, no other content. Using the substitutions method as seen in my earlier post when the user is logged in the tab will be empty. Within CB configuration set empty fields and empty tabs to NOT show.

This tab will then vanish for logged in users and of course the substitution will take place when not logged in therefor displaying its content. You may want to set your delimiter field to display on 2 lines and not show its title as well for best results.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #127652 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:Hide menu item when logged in
OH, okay

I see
the tab will completely disappear if no data is available?

My install I have set show empty tabs to YES?

This a problem as I have other tabs with empty fields that NEED to show

a bit of encouragement to make users want to fill their tabs up

Post edited by: jakobe75, at: 2010/03/22 17:44

14 years 3 weeks ago #127655 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Hide menu item when logged in
jakobe75 wrote:

even though my install I have set show empty tabs to YES?

NO :pinch:

Please read my posts more slowly and carefully, preferably more then once if necessary.

Krileon wrote:

...Within CB configuration set empty fields and empty tabs to NOT show.

jakobe75 wrote:

This a problem as I have other tabs with empty fields that NEED to show

a bit of encouragement to make users want to fill their tabs up

This is the only solution, sorry. You can edit CB if you like to try and create a new Tab Position, but can not advise you on this matter.

Perhaps would be best not to put the content in a tab, but instead add your delimiter field to the top of a users profile which when logged in would display nothing.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/22 17:47

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #127658 by jakobe75
well , since hiding all the blank content a user is supposed to fill out is the only way to achieve this then I guess , it cannot be achieved.

the idea of displaying blank content is a push to make users want to fill out their profiles

or for users how have been given a pre-populated profile but not logged into it yet to do so and fill out the profile fields.

I cannot hide this from them.

it defeat the purpose of having the welcome graphic to begin with.

"Hey Join Now to see this all this!"......user replies , See what I only see 1 tab?"

and there is no room to add this to the top of the profile

my stock profile page is about 850px tall EMPTY

I need a welcome message and graphic to fill in the emptiness that the first tab normally fills for logged users.

as the right tab column is longer thus resulting in the left tab column becoming a huge gap for public users.

adding this at the top will not solve this.

thanks for the help.

Post edited by: jakobe75, at: 2010/03/22 17:57

14 years 3 weeks ago #127664 by jakobe75
another question
I think I am understanding the on/off switch for the fields using cbsubs

My delimiter field contains only an image.

What would my value be changed to in cbsubs?

I need to know what to fill in Plans - Integrations/CB Field

cbfields_contentoffield1

I can see what to change it to if I was wanting the field to be filled out with a word or a number

but my field is only populated with an image

Post edited by: jakobe75, at: 2010/03/22 18:02

14 years 3 weeks ago #127668 by jakobe75
In my setup the first tab that a logged users see is unavailable then this will not work either.

So for my install I cannot have this function as my first tab that a Free OR Logged user sees is the Super Activity being displayed via a plugin pulling the module data in and displaying it on the first tab.
(this was done so that users could have a "Friends Wall" and then also a "Personal activity wall" at the same time.

Thus giving them 2 walls like Facebook, one for all the activity of their friends, and then one filtered for only their own activities.

This was achieved by using both the SA module and the SA CBtab on the same profile.

It works well and looks good.

but I cannot add a fields to display on those tabs, and those are the first tabs a user sees ...logged or not.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn