Mailing list

14 years 2 months ago #120926 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:Mailing list
ok, finally here is our answer:

* Subscriber the user to a Newsletter list or a SmartNewsletter list :

INSERT IGNORE INTO `jos_acajoom_queue` (`type`, `subscriber_id`, `list_id`, `mailing_id`, `issue_nb`, `send_date`, `suspend`, `delay`, `acc_level`, `published`) SELECT A.`list_type`, ( SELECT S.`id` FROM `jos_acajoom_subscribers` as S WHERE S.`email` = '[email]' LIMIT 1), A.`id`, 0 , 0, NOW(), 0, 0, A.`acc_level`, 1 FROM `jos_acajoom_lists` as A WHERE A.id = 'YOURLISTID' LIMIT 1;

(replace YOURLISTID by the ID of your list)

* To unsubscribe the user from a list (Newsletter, autoresponder or SmartNewsletter) :

DELETE Q.* FROM `jos_acajoom_subscribers` as S LEFT JOIN `jos_acajoom_queue` as Q ON S.`id` = Q.`subscriber_id` WHERE Q.`list_id` = 'YOURLISTID' AND S.`email` = '[email]';

(replace YOURLISTID by the ID of your list)

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2010/01/06 16:36

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #120994 by coachnet
Replied by coachnet on topic Re:Mailing list
ThePiston, thanks so much for your code - does this mean you have it working now on your site?

I have NO IDEA with SQL, so I'm nervous about playing with this on my live site...

I'm wondering if [email] will take the email address from the user's community builder profile? Or do I need to change this as it suggests on the joobi website?

Post edited by: coachnet, at: 2010/01/07 00:20

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder
Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

14 years 2 months ago #121007 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Mailing list
coachnet wrote:

ThePiston, thanks so much for your code - does this mean you have it working now on your site?

I have NO IDEA with SQL, so I'm nervous about playing with this on my live site...

I'm wondering if [email] will take the email address from the user's community builder profile? Or do I need to change this as it suggests on the joobi website?

Post edited by: coachnet, at: 2010/01/07 00:20

Create a backup of your database then test the query to see if functioning properly. Yes, [email] will place the users email from Joomla where set. Same applies for [username], etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #121022 by coachnet
Replied by coachnet on topic Re:Mailing list
I have just tested this and it didn't work for me.

My listid is 2, so the code I inserted on activation is:

INSERT IGNORE INTO `jos_acajoom_queue` (`type`, `subscriber_id`, `list_id`, `mailing_id`, `issue_nb`, `send_date`, `suspend`, `delay`, `acc_level`, `published`) SELECT A.`list_type`, ( SELECT S.`id` FROM `jos_acajoom_subscribers` as S WHERE S.`email` = '[email]' LIMIT 1), A.`id`, 0 , 0, NOW(), 0, 0, A.`acc_level`, 1 FROM `jos_acajoom_lists` as A WHERE A.id = '2' LIMIT 1;

For deactivation:

DELETE Q.* FROM `jos_acajoom_subscribers` as S LEFT JOIN `jos_acajoom_queue` as Q ON S.`id` = Q.`subscriber_id` WHERE Q.`list_id` = '2' AND S.`email` = '[email]';

I tested by subscribing to the plan with these sql actions associated - when I checked in Acajoom, the user was NOT subscribed to list 2.

Any ideas?

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder
Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

14 years 2 months ago #121071 by lexxm
Replied by lexxm on topic Re:Mailing list
@ThePiston: I just saw your question, sorry I didn't answer earlier. AcyMailing has 4 different versions (1 free, 3 paid) and the Enterprise version does have the ability to create and mail newsletters from the frontend. I haven't used that feature though, as my clients don't need it, so I don't know how it compares with Acajoom.

But I see you've figured out how to add users to Acajoom lists, so most probably you won't need to switch. Thanks for sharing your code.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds