Mailing list

14 years 2 months ago #120525 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Mailing list
Developing a query for it should be just a matter of looking at your database then examine Acajooms tables.. add a user to a mailing list via acajoom.. see what tables change. Then make a query based off that change. I don't have a copy of Acajoom so can't be much of help in that aspect, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #120646 by lexxm
Replied by lexxm on topic Re:Mailing list
Very good pointers. Thank you guys, I appreciate it.

14 years 2 months ago #120858 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:Mailing list
I just turned on debug and removed someone from one list and added them to another. This is what I saw in debug:

[code:1]UPDATE `jos_acajoom_subscribers`
SET `name` = 'Firstname Lastname' , `email` = 'private@tampabay.rr.com' , `receive_html` = 1 , `confirmed` = 1 , `timezone` = '00:00:00' , `blacklist` = 0 , `params` = ''
WHERE `id` = 268

SELECT *
FROM `jos_acajoom_queue`
WHERE `subscriber_id` IN ( 268)
AND `list_id` =2

SELECT *
FROM `jos_acajoom_queue`
AND `list_id` =3

DELETE
FROM `jos_acajoom_queue`
WHERE `subscriber_id` = 268
AND `list_id` =3

SELECT *
FROM `jos_acajoom_queue`
AND `list_id` =4[/code:1]

This might be bad news since the subscriber ID is not the same as user_id. It's a unique ID given incrementally to each newsletter subscriber. How would this work?

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2010/01/05 20:38

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

14 years 2 months ago #120860 by ThePiston
ok, I just added same person to a list and this is the pertinent data from debug:

[code:1]INSERT IGNORE INTO `jos_acajoom_queue` (`type` , `subscriber_id` , `list_id` , `mailing_id`, `issue_nb`, `send_date`, `suspend` , `delay`, `acc_level`, `published` , `params` )
VALUES (1, 268 , 3, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0 , 0 , 29 , 0 , '' )[/code:1]

the "268" is that subscriber's acajoom ID - not related to user_id, but could be found by joining tables (?)

14 years 2 months ago #120884 by lexxm
Replied by lexxm on topic Re:Mailing list
TP, thanks for sharing your efforts to figure out how to add users to Acajoom lists. I, for one, abandoned that idea after test driving AcyMailing; it seems to me that it does everything Acajoom does and more. It even imports mailing lists from Acajoom for a smooth transition. Really great reviews on extensions.joomla.org too.

Here are the SQL Statements for adding/removing subscribers to AcyMailing lists courtesy of Nick and Kyle:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,120625/catid,90/

Post edited by: lexxm, at: 2010/01/06 04:41

14 years 2 months ago #120904 by ThePiston
I do not think Acy has the ability to send newsletters from the frontend, does it? My clients need that ability.

This probably has the answer to our question:

www.ijoobi.com/Help/Acajoom/SQL-queries.html

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds