Updating Expiry Dates for Australian Financial Yr

13 years 3 days ago #161275 by pearsinbed
Hi there,

I am working on a society site in Australia where the common anniversary date of each membership is June 30 of that financial year. Australian financial years are from July 1 to June 30. I have used the Use Case 3 in the manual to set these plans up and have given all members a bonus time of 3 month such that they are able to register from April, May or June and receive membership for the next calendar year. Now I have realised that I am unable to set this expiry date, it is set in at the calendar year end (i.e. December 31).

After doing some research, I believe that I should use the sql to reset the expiry date for all users upon activation to June 30 of that year. I have some questions:
1) If I do this, will this affect the three month bonus? How will it?
2) Obviously, I will need to go in and alter the code each year?
3) Will this have any other impacts that I am just missing?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Deb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 days ago #161342 by pearsinbed
I read this which I wasn't able to find before: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/88-usage/133657-subscription-period-and-australian-fiscal-year

It is helpful, so now I understand how to set the sql, but am still concerned about the bonus time working. Is that based on the expiration date only?

13 years 1 day ago #161399 by krileon
The bonus time is based off subscription date. If you're using by calendar year and you give a 1 month bonus time then a user subscribing in December (which would end the 31st) is actually given NEXT years subscription AND the month of December (for free). It's basically there as a courtesy to your users who subscribe late, it would be distasteful to subscribe 2 months before year ends paying for a full year subscription, but only receiving 2 months for example. You do not have to use bonus time of course. I have no idea if it'll work when using SQL Actions to alter the subscription date; my guess is it will not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #162499 by pearsinbed
My question is whether or not bonus time is calculated from the expiration date or subscription date? My end goal is to (just have we both have indicated) to provide annual common anniversary dates on June 30th and to provide 3 bonus months which will allow anyone registering from April 1st to be enrolled for the next subscription year. I am just trying to understand the logic (i.e. how things are calculated)

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162711 by krileon
I believe is based off expiration. For example if the duration is "this calendar year" and you've 3 months bonus then subtract 3 months from December. If a user subscribes within that bonus time that time is free and they're actually paying for next years subscription. Meaning anyone subscribing September, October, or November in 2011 are actually paying for 2012 and are given those months for free. I can not tell you exactly how it's calculated as those aspects are encoded, which I do not have access to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn