Integration with K2

14 years 5 months ago #116999 by infoteam
Integration with K2 was created by infoteam
I'm looking at utilizing K2 for content manipulation on my site that uses CB and CBSubs. CBSubs is currently built to utilize the Joomla Content tree only for limiting access to content.

Are there any plans to add a configuration option that allows for you to say which content methods you are using, i.e. a selection list showing the CCK's that CBSubs then uses to pull the content structures from? I do not want to limit it to an either or situation, because I myself am considering using both. I don't need K2 for my entire site, only a portion of the site actually. I'd still like to be able to limit based on joomla AND k2, not Joomla OR K2.

If this post is in the wrong place, please put it in the right forum.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #117000 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Integration with K2
There are no plans to my knowledge to integrate other content management components. However, this does not mean you can't use CBSubs protection on them. Simply select the Extensions tab on the Integrations tab of your plans and use By URL Part. You can then protect articles, categories, sections, etc... it just depends on how you build the URL Parts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #117440 by infoteam
Replied by infoteam on topic Re:Integration with K2
Thanks, I'll look into utilizing the URL part situation to protect this content. My interest was in the way you can do introtext free and full text available by subscription. I'll see if I can do it, otherwise, I may have to consider dropping CBSubs in favor of something else at least for our site. I'll see what I can find out about CBSubs first since we've invested a fair amount into it already.

14 years 5 months ago #117448 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Integration with K2
infoteam wrote:

Thanks, I'll look into utilizing the URL part situation to protect this content. My interest was in the way you can do introtext free and full text available by subscription. I'll see if I can do it, otherwise, I may have to consider dropping CBSubs in favor of something else at least for our site. I'll see what I can find out about CBSubs first since we've invested a fair amount into it already.

Such an integration will be possible once the API has been completed and made available publicly. You could actually develop a Joomla plugin that does this using just a query to check a users subscription due to API not yet available.

Another option is if the content has separate pages for intro and full text. If you go to 1 link just to see the intro you can protect the full text link with By URL Part. However, your best integration for the time being is probably the Joomla plugin with query.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds