CBSUBS license server not available

14 years 3 months ago #118695 by infoteam
CBSUBS license server not available was created by infoteam
I have been getting messages and unable to access my cbsubs for the past 3 days. I canreach my site and I can get into everything on the site, so the internet is accessible on my servers. The cbsubs is most up to date AND can see the internet.

What gives? is the license server having issues/ Is it refusing my connection?

This is BS that you dont have a way for support issues like this to be submitted to you. I am paying good money for this product and this is total BS.

Get me a resolution, please. If you cannot, I would like my money back as this has gotten to be a nuisance and I cannot have this. I've lost subscriptions because of this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #118699 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSUBS license server not available
Hi infoteam,

Sorry to hear that.

No single issue on our end here in last week. Our servers having 100% uptime. Even with a few days downtime on our side or yours, there shouldn't be any license issues. After a few days you first start getting warning mails anyway, and that gives you time to check before the floating license gets issues.

Problem must be at your hoster, please check with him if he didn't change his firewall settings outgoing ports. A big budget-discount hoster which has lots of resellers decided to close all outgoing ports and lower php maximum memery like a week or more back without notice, making e-commerce solutions problematic (not only licensing but also paypal IPN and PDT checks with paypal e.g.). Maybe you're with one of their resellers ?

Please contact first your hoster and ask him to keep his outgoing http and https ports open.

I am PMing you a link to contact us privately with your support request if it its still needed.

You can also contact us anytime with our "Contact Us" form at top right if needed.

EDIT: forgot to say: easy method to see outgoing reachability from your host: go to CB configuration: if CB can not display latest release, then your hoster is blocking your outgoing connections !

EDIT: fixed missing words and clarified, added https ports too

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/12/09 01:50

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/12/09 02:04

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/12/09 02:11

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 3 months ago #118700 by infoteam
Replied by infoteam on topic Re:CBSUBS license server not available
Thanks for the reply. We are the hoster and nothing has changed, but I will check on it. I'll see what problems may have come up with our servers. Sorry for the response. Just frustrated with the situation is all.

Thank you.

14 years 3 months ago #118701 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSUBS license server not available
Fully feel and understand the frustration, specially after 3 days...feeling really sorry that you didn't contact us earlier...

Even if it's 2:30 am over here and evening elsewhere, our round-the-timezones team will be checking regularly our tickets support system (see your PM below your login box here for link) if you need extra help.

Let us know here what it was, if you could fix it in the mean time :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn