Upcoming Joomla 1.6

8 years 7 months ago #150113 by xtech86
I see Joomla plan for a release of 1.6.0 on the 10th Jan, have you tried to cross it over yet? would be great if you could get the memberships etc working around then too!
8 years 7 months ago #150498 by xtech86
No one????
8 years 7 months ago #150519 by krileon
Joomla 1.6.x integration is very early. Please people Joomla 1.6.x is NOT out of Beta. Do NOT use it in production environment and do NOT expect it to work properly with CB.

We are not going into serious compatibility until the API with Joomla 1.6.x has finalized as we've had to REDO the integration more then 4 times now due to changing API.

Once Joomla 1.6.x has officially released a stable we will properly integrate and release a stable CB that is compatible. I do not expect Jan 10th release, as today is the 10th and yet still only RC1. I personally predict a stable Joomla 1.6.x by June.


Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
8 years 7 months ago #150717 by bagou01
mmmh well, joomla 1.6.0 is out now.... you were expecting it by june but every single release or beta the did always came out the day after the predicted date...
so it's finally out of beta now, should we expect CB soon enough?
8 years 7 months ago #150727 by nant

bagou01 wrote: mmmh well, joomla 1.6.0 is out now.... you were expecting it by june but every single release or beta the did always came out the day after the predicted date...
so it's finally out of beta now, should we expect CB soon enough?


Yes, we are working on Joomla 1.6.0 support and there will be an RC of CB available soon that addresses these last minute Joomla API changes.
8 years 7 months ago #151162 by uberweiss
subscribed to this as well..

dont have the guts to upgrade to 1.6 before i know it is working
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds