[SOLVED] Specifying specific days for subscritions

13 years 10 months ago #134856 by jonmulkey
Quick background, I am building a wagering tips website. There are 1 day, 7 day, 30 day and one year subscriptions available to the user. The issue being the one day subscription is for a specific day. What we want to avoid is a user buying that package which is for saturday, on monday and only being able to access the system for 24 hours and not actually getting the following saturdays tips.

So the question is this. Is there a way to specify that 24 hour period to be for the next Friday? either by way of limiting the availability of the subscription until friday or limiting access to that article until friday?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/18 19:48

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #134945 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Specifying specific days for subscritions
No, publish dates or anything of the sort are supported. The durations provided are the durations available, sorry. We've plans to further extend the duration usage for a later release.

It's possible you could write a new CB plugin which would determine the day and if the day is incorrect would edit the plan (database table _cbsubs_plans) and change its column allow_newsubscriptions to 0 from 1. Then when it has reached the correct day to do the opposite. You'd likely need to utilize a Joomla plugin rather then a CB plugin so can you perform this check onAfterRender this way all pages will reflect the plans proper status.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135020 by jonmulkey
Replied by jonmulkey on topic Re:Specifying specific days for subscritions
ok cool thanks I will try that and see what I come up with. If I manage to make it work properly I will sent it to you lol

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn