[#2053] CBSUBS access list for field multiple checkbox

13 years 4 months ago #145959 by martinn2009
CBSUBS access list for field multiple checkbox

Hi,

I'm using CBSUBS 1.0.3 for my client.
I would like to know about access limit for multiple checkbox.

Let say that i've create
field_categories (multiple checkbox): a,b,c,d,e,f (values)

and i set 3 membership level : Free, Semi, Full paid

How can i set access limit for those membership for filling field_categories.

I would like to make

1).Free member : only available to select 1 category (multiple checkbox values)
2). Semi : only available to check Max 2 categories (multiple checkbox values)
3). Full paid : available to check all categories (multiple checkbox values)

Please, I need directions to make it.

Regards,
Martin

Post edited by: martinn2009, at: 2010/11/11 05:14

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/15 17:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #145972 by krileon
You can't. You'll need to create 3 fields and protect each field to a specific plan using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection. It's not possible to my knowledge to protect values of an input by a specific plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146009 by martinn2009
Replied by martinn2009 on topic Re:CBSUBS access list for field multiple checkbox
Hi, krileon

Sounds not a good news for me :(
I hope this feature could be possible for CBSubs further release :)

Anyway, Thank you for the reply

Martin.

13 years 4 months ago #146036 by krileon

Sounds not a good news for me

Not exactly, as mentioned it can be done, but you'll need 3 separate fields to do it.

I hope this feature could be possible for CBSubs further release

It's possible with a new CB integration similar to that of CB Privacy which uses the fetch trigger for fields. Using such a trigger you could alter the options available possibly based off subscription (database query to obtain users subscription for time being until API is provided). More on trigger usage can be found in tutorials within my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146072 by martinn2009
Replied by martinn2009 on topic Re:CBSUBS access list for field multiple checkbox
Hi, Krileon

please, could you help me in more specific details?

Did you mean that I should make 3 field which :
1. for free plan

name : cb_freecategories
type : checkbox
title : free plan categories
values : a,b,c,d,e,f

2. for semi plan

name : cb_semicategories
title : semi plan categories

3. for full plan

name : cb_fullcategories
title : full plan categories

Does it not affect with the search function?

and still dont know how to set
Free plan : only able to choose 1 value from a,b,c,d,e,f(values)
Semi plan : only able to choose 2 values from a,b,c,d,e,f(values)

please, help me

Martin

Post edited by: martinn2009, at: 2010/11/11 22:35

13 years 4 months ago #146115 by krileon
You have 3 fields so you'll need 3 plans. You'll protect each field to its correlating plan with CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration. You'll need to only add the values to the fields that should have them. So for example if you have Basic, Beginner, and Expert they would be as follows for values.

Basic: A, B
Beginner: A, B, C
Expert: A, B, C, D

The problem with this method is it makes setting up a userlist difficult as you'd need all 3 fields displayed so a user could search by them if you're wanting searching of that field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn