How to integrate CB with Virtuemart

14 years 11 months ago #96462 by Andy101
How to integrate CB with Virtuemart was created by Andy101
Hi I just bought the CBSubs. How can I integrate the Virtuemart registration with CB?

Initially I disable the allow registration in Joomla global settings. However when I tried to checkout I get this error message: User registration is disabled, it must be enabled in order to proceed.

Therefore I enable the allow registration in Joomla global settings. However this means having 2 conflicting users registration.

I thought CBSubs can resolve this. Can Anyone advice how to integrate CB + Virtuemart. I would like CB to be the main registration channel.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96478 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:How to integrate CB with Virtuemart
Andy101 wrote:

Hi I just bought the CBSubs. How can I integrate the Virtuemart registration with CB?

Initially I disable the allow registration in Joomla global settings. However when I tried to checkout I get this error message: User registration is disabled, it must be enabled in order to proceed.

Therefore I enable the allow registration in Joomla global settings. However this means having 2 conflicting users registration.

That part is really a Virtuemart issue, as you mention it correctly, you would have 2 registrations active. That "user-error-test" is in Virtuemart, and you shoud address that in Virtuemart forums.

I thought CBSubs can resolve this. Can Anyone advice how to integrate CB + Virtuemart. I would like CB to be the main registration channel.

CBSubs can not resolve the integration between CB and Virtuemart, however we have spoken with Virtuemart's author at JoomlaDay in Lucern, and agreed that we would improve the Virtuemart-CB integration as soon as time permits on both sides. On our side, that could already be in next weeks.

Virtuemart is a good joomla shop solution and CBSubs does not have the intention to be a shop solution, as it focuses on the social memberships management (incl. payments of subscriptions, donations, and goodies, but not as a shop). So it is our intention to help to improve the integration. Just most probably won't happen overnight, as the clean solution we discussed with Virtuemart author in Lucerne will require several weeks of development.

Maybe there is a solution for the small issue you mentioned in Virtuemart's forums (maybe it's a file to change, but if that can make your solution work until we are done why not ?) ?

Maybe Virtuemart could simply add a switch to ignore that when CB is installed ? ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96720 by JBBERLIN
Replied by JBBERLIN on topic Re:How to integrate CB with Virtuemart
Ok so i got another solution for ya.
It still got a few problems but it works.

Attachment cb12_vm113_integration.zip not found

This module integrates vm in cb also registration fields get integrated.
If you want to customize registration fields you got to change the php file. Not much work once you understand the workin. If there are any questions you can post here.
southlasalle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81

Hopefully joomlapolis will develop a better integration.

JBBERLIN

Post edited by: JBBERLIN, at: 2009/04/27 13:41
Attachments:

14 years 6 months ago #112752 by eirikop
Replied by eirikop on topic Re:How to integrate CB with Virtuemart
If this some day will work, I think you solve a huge problem with VM/CB/Cbsubs.

I'm looking forward to it... :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn