Subs Paypal key is not valid Error

14 years 11 months ago #97515 by brewsmithy
Subs Paypal key is not valid Error was created by brewsmithy
Have been installing Subs, and found one solution, and need help fixing another.

Current Problem > Setting Payment Gateway > CB Paid Subscriptions: Edit Payment gateway settings> PayPal >Encryption Form> Error = Private key File .../ssl/private is either not a private key or the password provided with this key is not valid.

Noticed that on the line "Your own Private Key file:", where you enter a server location, on the mouse hover over instructions it reads "the full path to file from Paypal Public certificate download. . . "

Question, what file am I supposed to add the location to, My own Private Key folder as the line on the left says, or the file path to the file downloaded from paypal as the hover over instructions say?

If I put in the folder name where the paypal downloaded file is, or if I put the folder path where my private key is, I still get the same error >Private key File /..../..../ssl/private is either not a private key or the password provided with this key is not valid.

Checked with the host. No password was used to issue the cert, so the password line is left blank.

Top of the page getting these two errors >> Warning: openssl_x509_read() [function.openssl-x509-read]: supplied parameter cannot be coerced into an X509 certificate! in /...../...../public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.gui.php on line 0

Warning: openssl_x509_read() [function.openssl-x509-read]: supplied parameter cannot be coerced into an X509 certificate! in /..../...../public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.gui.php on line 0

Thank you in advance!!

----Resolved installation error

Problem.> 500 server errors - unable to access Settings on Paid Subscriptions Main Menu. If you clicked on the icon to open the Settings, the page would go to a 500 server error. Error was for IONcube, even though it was installed and configured correctly.

Solution> Required to have FastCgi enable on the system for CB subs to work correctly. Nothing mentioned on requirements or in the installation instructions.

Joomla! 1.5, PHP 5, Linux on Bluehost

Post edited by: brewsmithy, at: 2009/05/04 07:53

Post edited by: brewsmithy, at: 2009/05/04 07:54
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #97558 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Subs Paypal key is not valid Error
Removed the warning for version 1.0.1 and replaced by clean error message.

Documentation on CBSubs 1.0.0 paragraph 6.4.1, pages 93-96 detail the process of setting up those SSL encryption with paypal, and Chapter 12, pages 206-207 shows how to do it yourself on your PC.

You really should not use your www host cert, as I already replied here:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,88/id,96567/#96567

Most probably the keys are not in the right format.

That said, this encryption isn't needed security-wise, it simply adds the benefit of user never seeing your paypal email address, and adds 1 extra-level of security between your form and paypal. But CBSubs protects the email anyway from bots, and has anti-tampering verifications included, so it's not really an issue for going online in most cases. Btw, no other solutions on the market offer that level of protection and security to my knowledge.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn