PayPal Pro Canada

14 years 10 months ago #99384 by Karol
PayPal Pro Canada was created by Karol
Hi,
I was just about to purchase the CB Subs starter and I have 2 questions:
1. Does CB Sub work with paypal pro canada?
2. If I purchase the starter plan and later need the beginner, do I upgrade it by paying the difference or how would this work?

Thanks, Karol
The topic has been locked.
14 years 10 months ago #99499 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:PayPal Pro Canada
Karol wrote:

Hi,
I was just about to purchase the CB Subs starter and I have 2 questions:
1. Does CB Sub work with paypal pro canada?
2. If I purchase the starter plan and later need the beginner, do I upgrade it by paying the difference or how would this work?

Thanks, Karol

Hi Karol,

1. CBSubs supports Paypal Website Payments Standard, worldwide. Paypal Pro isn't supported worldwide by paypal, so we decided to not implement it for version 1.0. It is however on our priority list for future gateways support.

2. Yes, you pay only price difference, same total for you than if you would have purchased higher option from day 1:
www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/62/78/

Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
14 years 8 months ago #107657 by DreamRaven
Replied by DreamRaven on topic Re:PayPal Pro Canada & other gateways...
Hi

Just purchased CBsubs, and noticed, maybe should have noticed before, that ProTX (now known as SagePay) is not supported as a payment gateway...

I notice in a couple of places that you say that more gateways are in the pipeline, just curious is SagePay is on the list and how long before that it might be released?

Or if not, if there are resources for creating a gateway plugin/extension/hack for a new gateway?

Have done a search for a suitable forum thread for this and this is the first I have found. Will continue looking, as this is quite a relatively rapid 'need' from my client.

If it isn't going to be released or hackable soon, I am going to have to ask for a refund...

Looks a good plugin otherwise!

Cheers
DR
14 years 8 months ago #107713 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:PayPal Pro Canada & other gateways...
We are still working on finalizing the API and on a few payment processors. :woohoo: , but ProTX/SagePay is not in that first list yet. :(

We are concentrating on the API first, and will be giving feedback when ready to and able to implement more payment processors.

Sorry, won't happen overnight. If you can wait order of magnitude of a couple of weeks (not a commitment as usual! ;) ), great. If wish refund within 30 days, no problem either: in that case, just contact me using our "Contact Us" form (button top right). :)

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
14 years 8 months ago #107914 by DreamRaven
Replied by DreamRaven on topic Re:PayPal Pro Canada & other gateways...
Understand all your points...

Bit concerned that you are still promising the API 'soon' or 'in a couple of weeks', no commitment...

If it was actually going to be 'a couple of weeks' I might be able to stretch the client for a while (other things need doing first both on their side and mine), but looking back over the forums, the API has been 'promised' for quite a while now. This might be damaging for your business... :(

As I have only just installed the required components from the distribution package and am stepping through your documentation (which appears to be a cut above MOST Joomla! plugins) I will continue investigating it to see if it is actually worth waiting the time for the API.

I am sure I won't be a first in saying that giving a reasonable, but fixed deadline is good for both you and us, we can plan around it, and you have a target to aim for. The more hard and fixed it is, the more likely you are going to work hard to hit it. Whereas without a deadline, slippage occurs and the project keeps getting extended, which means that your expectant (and friendly) customers find it impossible to plan to use your product, no matter how much they want to.

Just my tuppence worth, a date would be superb, if it was ever at all possible.

Cheers
DreamRaven
14 years 8 months ago #108149 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:PayPal Pro Canada & other gateways...
Understand your points too. :)

Please understand that given the size of our projects, we work by priorities, and that actually, the API and more of the popular gateways support are on top priority of new CBSubs features.

However, apart for firmly contracted and paid work, we do not commit publically to any deadlines for many good reasons, main ones being our high quality and security standards (with a huge range of deployment platforms), on which we can't compromise, especially for CBSubs.

My gross estimate above is certainly wrong (either way), that you will easily believe me, but it's the best one i have right now. Probably better to not give any in fact.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds