Brazilian Translation does not work

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #178975 by arcoinvest
Hello guys,

No longer understand where the english strings are comming from...

joomla 1.7.1
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
CB Paid Subscriptions English Plugin Installed and Enabled

Method Applied;

1 - downloaded english.php from /public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionenglish

2 - translated 99% of the strings with notepad and saved over original english.php with UTF-8 encoding

3 - uploaded translated english.php overwriting the original file on the server

4 - registered as a user, activated registration, logged in and selected to upgrade subscription via CB profile tab

As you can see in attached image joomla recognizes the user as pt-BR the default fronted language (note the search field marked in red showing pt-BR string) but CBSubs insists in showing the strings in english.

Going extreme I`ve downloaded the whole public_html structure and performed a search for "Your membership for payment" on the whole folder and the only place it was found was on ...cbpaidsubscriptionsenglish\english.php that is actually like this; "Your membership for payment:" => "Sua matrícula para pagamento:",

What is going on? How can this be fixed? I`m also attaching the translated file that you may make available to pt-BR users. More than happy to translate the backend as well if you`d like to generate a pt-BR instalation for CBSubs 1.2.2.


File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size:12 KB
8 years 7 months ago #178976 by arcoinvest
NEW ISSUE - after testing with dummy payment the system logged off the user and the browser redirected to a page warning; The session expired and / or cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please refresh / reload the page before filling.

I have cleaned temp on the browser, claned system with cccleaner + on backend cleared cache, purge expired cache + on akeeba`s admin tools purged sessions, cleaned temp directory + flushed dns via ms-dos + restarted browser and the warning persists not alowing the user to loging.

The only thing I didn`t do was to reboot the modem and pc but I immagine the issue is somewhere else...
8 years 7 months ago #178984 by nant
first issue: please follow instructions for creating a CBSubs language plugin (see documentation - there is a special chapter about this).

For second issue
please turn off Enable anti-spoofing sessions checks" parameter in CB Configuration -> Integrations tab.
8 years 7 months ago #179117 by arcoinvest

I have followed the instructions to create my own language plugin but even though it installs ok the website still shows/uses that english strings/files.

Could you guys check, finalize and makethe attached files availible for all users? The whole frontend file has been carefully translated.

I 1st tried naming them as brazilian_portuguese but just as the pt-BR attached it did not work.

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size:89 KB
8 years 7 months ago #179126 by nant
I need you Joomla Brazilian language package in order to test and assist.
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #179129 by arcoinvest
here we go. i`m currently on joomla 1.7.1 but these are the most updated files. i`m also attaching CB files just in case. Also on CB 1.7 but again these are the most updated pt-BR files I could find.

File Attachment:

File Name: pt-BR_joom...1.tar.gz
File Size:138 KB

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size:70 KB
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn