cannot get cbsubs to work

14 years 11 months ago #97271 by wendyj
Replied by wendyj on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
So I don't know what is up with the ini_set in the code. Is anyone out there able to run cbsubs on a hosting company that is not run by joomlapolis? I just want to know if the only way to run this thing is by buying a hosting plan with the company that developed it...anyone?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #97273 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
wendyj wrote:

So I don't know what is up with the ini_set in the code. Is anyone out there able to run cbsubs on a hosting company that is not run by joomlapolis? I just want to know if the only way to run this thing is by buying a hosting plan with the company that developed it...anyone?

The ini_set in the code has nothing to do with this issue.

Yes CBSubs is running on many hosts - all testimonials are from folks running CBSubs on non joomlapolis hosting services.

The issue you are having is that your host is not giving you the memory you think it is.

Perhaps you can share with us other components you have installed that could also be memory intensive.

If you have things installed that you are not using, please remove them to free up more memory.

Also, I honestly think that your hoster needs to address this issue - at least verify that you are in fact not getting the 128 MB you think you are.

14 years 11 months ago #97639 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
I am posting a message I from wendyj:

Hi,
We finally got a response from our host...on Friday they said they commented the line:extension=sqlite.so in our php.ini and cbsubs settings were suddenly accessible. THey also said that they were "having an admin look into this". Oddly, when I looked at that line in our php.ini, it is not commented out so they must have had a server setting that limited memory on that extension. They kept trying to bounce it back to CBsubs but it was so clear, as you said, that it was a server issue.

Thank you so much for your patience with me...I was really getting frustrated for a bit.

Hopefully this will help people with similar problems.

14 years 11 months ago #98544 by scallypoker
Replied by scallypoker on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
I had the same problem and tried to add my own php.ini (which by the way for php 5 I was told should be named php5.ini) but it didn't do the trick. I was told by my ISP to try putting RLimitMem 128000000 into a .htaccess file where the script is (root for me) and low and behold it now works.

I was gonna jack it in and get a refund as was at the end of my patience with it but this seems to be the solution for some shared hosting by the looks of it.

Hope this helps other people?

Post edited by: scallypoker, at: 2009/05/13 16:21

14 years 11 months ago #98637 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
scallypoker wrote:

I had the same problem and tried to add my own php.ini (which by the way for php 5 I was told should be named php5.ini) but it didn't do the trick. I was told by my ISP to try putting RLimitMem 128000000 into a .htaccess file where the script is (root for me) and low and behold it now works.

I was gonna jack it in and get a refund as was at the end of my patience with it but this seems to be the solution for some shared hosting by the looks of it.

Hope this helps other people?

Post edited by: scallypoker, at: 2009/05/13 16:21

Thanks a lot for posting your solution B)

I'm sure that it will help others running in same cbsubs memory issue. :)

Hope you will like CBSubs, and probably understand why it's a big extension :) .

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #99178 by scallypoker
Replied by scallypoker on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
Spoke too soon. No sooner had I got the backend working through this solution. When I switch on the CB Paid Subscriptions plugin Community Builder on my site just shows a blank page. DOH!

On debug I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 18874368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/sites/bournemouthchamber.org.uk/public_html/modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin.php on line 109

Any suggestions anyone?

Post edited by: scallypoker, at: 2009/05/19 02:53

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn