cannot get cbsubs to work

14 years 11 months ago #99189 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
scallypoker wrote:

Spoke too soon. No sooner had I got the backend working through this solution. When I switch on the CB Paid Subscriptions plugin Community Builder on my site just shows a blank page. DOH!

On debug I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 18874368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/sites/bournemouthchamber.org.uk/public_html/modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin.php on line 109

Any suggestions anyone?

Post edited by: scallypoker, at: 2009/05/19 02:53

You need to increase your PHP memory.

Looks like it is currently set to 18M.

Increase to 38M - ask your host.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #99225 by scallypoker
Replied by scallypoker on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
Ok, but can anyone tell me where I should be placing the .htaccess file

ISP Said:

PHP has a built-in limit on the amount of memory it will allocate. If that limit is reached, the process will exit with this error message. This is usually the result of the PHP script trying to load a large file, such as an image, into memory all at once. While it is better if you can arrange for the script not to do such things, it is also possible to increase the memory limit to avoid this problem. To do that, edit (or create in your script's folder if it does not exist) the php.ini file with your PHP scripts (create it if it does not exist) and add the following line:

memory_limit=16M
You should replace the '16' with whatever value is appropriate. The default is 8M (8 megabytes, the 8388608 bytes from the error message).

If this does not resolve the problem, you can also increase the web server memory limit by editing (or creating in your script's folder if it does not exist) the ".htaccess" file and adding the following line:

RLimitMem 128000000

The last on worked for the back end by placing the .htaccess file in the root but it doesn't seem to work for the front end.

14 years 11 months ago #99526 by scallypoker
Right! I have uploaded a php5.ini file into my home directory rather than the public_html as advised by my ISP. Joomla is now saying that the memory is 48mb.

Publishing the CB Paid Subscriptions plugin still however give me a blank screen on the registration form and every other page on Community Builder on the front end?

Any ideas anyone?

14 years 11 months ago #100043 by scallypoker
I am getting to the stage where I am going to apply for a refund on this plugin, really need it to work, have the right amount of memory showing now in the joomla backend but am still getting a blank screen on all community builder pages when the cb-subscriptions plug-in is enabled.

I have 48mb of memory showing in the joomla sys info and getting this message on cb pages.
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 18874368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/sites/bournemouthchamber.org.uk/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/message.php on line 67

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME????

Post edited by: scallypoker, at: 2009/05/27 04:58

14 years 10 months ago #100055 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
scallypoker wrote:

I am getting to the stage where I am going to apply for a refund on this plugin, really need it to work, have the right amount of memory showing now in the joomla backend but am still getting a blank screen on all community builder pages when the cb-subscriptions plug-in is enabled.

I have 48mb of memory showing in the joomla sys info and getting this message on cb pages.
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 18874368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/sites/bournemouthchamber.org.uk/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/message.php on line 67

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME????

Post edited by: scallypoker, at: 2009/05/27 04:58

From the message you are getting (do the math) it is obvious that you are NOT getting more than 18M.

Bring this up with your hoster.

If your hoster does not help, insist.

If he still doesn't help you can find a better host or of course request a refund and stay were you are (in which case you will most likely run into a similar problem in the future with other extensions and you will be right back where you started from).

14 years 10 months ago #100056 by scallypoker
Have been in contact with them and they have put a phpinfo file into that directory and it is showing that I have 48mb. I have now tried to go up to 64mb and it is showing. Am not getting the memory error anymore but am still getting blank pages for all cb pages but the joomla ones are ok.

If anyone wants to have a look about then let me know. Am I the only one having this problem?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.566 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn