billing info not sent to auth.net

14 years 11 months ago #98016 by onemart
billing info not sent to auth.net was created by onemart
i am using cbsubs 1.0.. i had trouble configuring authorize.net payment. Authorize.net always declined it because of AVS error. if useful to some one, here is the exact error:

Payment refused by payment gateway: The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder. (27)

but IT is SOLVED now:) .. after contacting to authorize.net, i came to know that CBsubs was never sending billing address, city state to auth.net.. so i removed the AVS setting for B(Transaction without a billing address) at authorize.net site and it worked..

i am not sure why is doesn't send billing info to auth.net and also billing info are blank in Receipt/Purchase Confirmation email.
can anyone help me solve this..

Post edited by: onemart, at: 2009/05/07 23:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #98194 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:billing info not sent to auth.net
onemart wrote:

i am using cbsubs 1.0.. i had trouble configuring authorize.net payment. Authorize.net always declined it because of AVS error. if useful to some one, here is the exact error:

Payment refused by payment gateway: The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder. (27)

but IT is SOLVED now:) .. after contacting to authorize.net, i came to know that CBsubs was never sending billing address, city state to auth.net.. so i removed the AVS setting for B(Transaction without a billing address) at authorize.net site and it worked..

i am not sure why is doesn't send billing info to auth.net and also billing info are blank in Receipt/Purchase Confirmation email.
can anyone help me solve this..

Post edited by: onemart, at: 2009/05/07 23:49

CBSubs doesn't send billing address to authorize.net , as it was often cause for rejecting the payment, specially when invoice billing address differed from credit-card billing address, which is often the case, and making customers unhappy...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #98906 by mcooper03
Replied by mcooper03 on topic Re:billing info not sent to auth.net
Unchecking B at Authorize.net will work but you need to find a better solution. The point of AVS is to make sure the customer is who they say they are. Anyone can find a CC # online and submit it for payment leaving us, the merchants, targets for CC fraud. There needs to be separate billing and invoice/shipping fields in CBSubs.

14 years 11 months ago #99043 by beat
mcooper03 wrote:

Unchecking B at Authorize.net will work but you need to find a better solution. The point of AVS is to make sure the customer is who they say they are. Anyone can find a CC # online and submit it for payment leaving us, the merchants, targets for CC fraud. There needs to be separate billing and invoice/shipping fields in CBSubs.

Fields in CB subs for invoicing/billing are there.

However, often the credit-card invoicing address is different, that's why we don't forward those to authorize.net

If I understand right, you would like to add similar address fields to the credit-card capture form too again, but for credit-card invoicing address ?

Wouldn't that look very unusual, and could scare away customers...?

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 7 months ago #108898 by solacefsp
Replied by solacefsp on topic Re:billing info not sent to auth.net
This is the same problem we are having but it seems that CBSubs can not send these fields. if anyone has an answer we would really appreciate it. Autorize.net gives discounts when the address is also sent to them in the transaction. I find it very strange that this is not possible...

Thanks,
Trent

14 years 7 months ago #108899 by beat
solacefsp wrote:

This is the same problem we are having but it seems that CBSubs can not send these fields. if anyone has an answer we would really appreciate it. Autorize.net gives discounts when the address is also sent to them in the transaction. I find it very strange that this is not possible...

Thanks,
Trent

Please tell me which address you want to send ?

Just couldn't figure out yet if the invoicing address given by the user is ok, if it doesn't match the credit-card's invoicing address.

Otherwise you need to ask the user for the full invoicing address of the *credit-card*'s billing address... which will be seen as a hassle as the least, and as a privacy issue at worst. Probably loss in sales (abandons at paying stage) by requiring that from your customers will be quite bigger than the small discount given by auth.net ... but i might be wrong, and would be pleased to hear that, and also which address to send. ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn