my video+Flash skills 2 develop video tutorials

14 years 2 months ago #120354 by daywalker0028
I've been using cbSubs 1.0.3 for 56 days and I have read through the PDF documentation.

I understand for the most part how to configure everything, but the learning curve has been more time consuming than what I hoped it would be when I decided to purchase cbSubs.
I'm sure I speak for many users who have taken the plunge.

As of yet, I still am having trouble customizing it to my specifications.

While the usage examples and case scenarios in the PDF documentation are detailed and did help me to become familiar enough to create subscription plans with some workflows, I feel the PDF documentation is much too tedious and time consuming for users like me, who turned to a system like cbSubs in order to eliminate such a long learning curve.

This brings me to the gist of this thread.

This offer goes out to the developers & support staff of cbSubs (or any consultant or user who has expert-level technical knowledge of cbSubs and wants to develop a video tutorial series).

I would like to offer my post production services, in a collaborative effort to develop advanced documentation/tutorials in video format.

Why am I making this offer?
Because I am still struggling to fully understand cbSubs enough to customize it.
I purchased cbSubs hoping I could breeze through it and put it to use, here I am 2 months later, still learning and having difficulty.

While I appreciate the effort made to write such a detailed manual, most people prefer learning via video tutorials.

I'm also asuming that the developers of cbSubs are more programmers than designers which may be why they haven't put forth much of an effort toward developing video tutorials - that's understandable.

I feel video tutorials are a much needed and desired contribution.

I'm also hoping that by helping to produce the videos, I will also learn cbSubs completely and help others in this community.

These are the specific contributions I am offering:

1) video Editing - everything needed to produce a video and export it to .FLV format (which is the most ideal & popular format [i.e. youtube] for progressive download / streaming) for video on the internet.

2) Sound Editing - for narration & sound effects.

3) Flash development - for animating visual aids and to develop any GUI needed for the FLV videos.

4) Graphic Design - to design GUI or any icons or buttons which may be needed.

If anyone is interested in collaborating with me, email me through my cb profile or directly at: services@mythicstyle.net

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #120410 by nant
Wow - thank you for your offer!

I will PM you with my skype contact so we can discuss this offline.

My first thoughts though is that the video series can only go so far. Maybe just have a video for each use case.

Thing is that CBSubs offers so many possibilities you cannot cover everything in a pdf or video series.

But I agree some videos would help alot.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #174810 by stillpondb
The best videos are for getting started-- so someone can get the basic CBSubs up and running.

Then rest of the (written) documentation will then make a lot more sense, and will then be easier to understand (will then fit into the "basic" understanding achieved much more quickly by the videos).

I am looking at the 400-plus pages of documentation right now, and it's hard to find what I am looking for because there is so much.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #174811 by stillpondb
Did this video end up being developed? If so, can anyone tell me where I can find it?

Thanks, John

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn