[SOLVED] The link you have used to enter the paypa

14 years 8 months ago #104729 by AdvisorProducts
I configured CBSubs & Paypal according to the docs (AFAIK), but I'm getting an error message when the button posts to Paypal:

[code:1]The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.[/code:1]

I read through all the forums, docs & Paypal docs, even looked at the source, but I'm at a loss. Please help.

My site [advisors4advisors.com] has the follow source code for the Paypal form (the subscription price & period have been shortened for testing):

[code:1]<form action="www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="image" src="www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but12.gif" name="submit" alt="Subscribe" />
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="admin@REMOVED.com" />
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Annual Subscription for JimTest" />
<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="S10-123-1" />
<input type="hidden" name="p3" value="0" />
<input type="hidden" name="t3" value="D" />
<input type="hidden" name="a3" value="0.50" />
<input type="hidden" name="src" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="sra" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="modify" value="0" />
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD" />
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0" />
<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="8" />
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="advisors4advisors.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=123&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpaidsubscriptionsmethod=paypal&cbpaidsubscriptionsgacctno=1&cbpaidsubscriptionspdtback=128a55c33b66c977ae2873e27244ff5a&cbpaidsubscriptionsbasket=8&result=success&cbpid=cbp4a5b6c8ae8e2b475336766" />
<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="advisors4advisors.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=123&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpaidsubscriptionsmethod=paypal&cbpaidsubscriptionsgacctno=1&cbpaidsubscriptionspdtback=128a55c33b66c977ae2873e27244ff5a&cbpaidsubscriptionsbasket=8&result=cancel&cbpid=cbp4a5b6c8ae8e2b475336766" />
<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="advisors4advisors.com/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=123&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpaidsubscriptionsmethod=paypal&cbpaidsubscriptionsgacctno=1&cbpaidsubscriptionspdtback=128a55c33b66c977ae2873e27244ff5a&cbpaidsubscriptionsbasket=8&result=notify&cbpid=cbp4a5b6c8ae8e2b475336766&no_html=1&format=raw" />
<input type="hidden" name="charset" value="UTF-8" />
<input type="hidden" name="rm" value="2" />
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick-subscriptions" />
<input type="hidden" name="invoice" value="N1144135577969096" />
<input type="hidden" name="a1" value="0.50" />
<input type="hidden" name="p1" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="t1" value="D" />[/code:1]

The Paypal screen has the following in the source:

[code:1]/* SiteCatalyst Variables */
s.prop1="xpt/Merchant/hostedpayments/Error";
s.prop6="[redacted]";
s.prop7="Business";
s.prop8="Verified";
s.prop9="Unrestricted";
s.prop10="US";
s.prop14="The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.";
s.prop29="[redacted]";
s.prop34="PayPalCredit:«»Servicing:CO:NoTransactions";
s.pageName="MF: Error Page: Payment Flow";
s.channel="MF Error Page";
s.prop11="Occasional/Monthly";
s.prop12="The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.";
s.prop50="en_US";
s.prop18="";[/code:1]

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/07/14 09:51

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/23 22:08

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #104810 by beat
Paypal error messages can be hard to understand, for us too... ;)

Thanks for reporting the form.

Looking at your form I see:

[code:1]<input type="hidden" name="p3" value="0" />
<input type="hidden" name="t3" value="D" />
[/code:1]

Which means the period of your paypal payment subscription is 0 (zero) days, which paypal doesn't like.

You need to specify the period of your plan in plan settings in CBSubs.

(i removed the email from your message, to avoid you spam, that form is hidden from spambots on your site, so no risks there).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 8 months ago #104873 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic Re:Paypal: The link you have used to enter the PayPal
Ok. Duh. I should have realized that subscriptions needed to be be at least a day long, but Paypal could have told me that in the error message. I set it to 2 days and now the Paypal part works. It gives me an error when it returns to the site though:

Sorry no response for your payment from payment server (error Error: cURL could not retrieve the document, error 60.). Please check your email and status later.
No suitable basket found.

Do I need to enable IPN? What URL should it post to? (I didn't see this in the docs).

14 years 8 months ago #105229 by beat
jvoss@advisorproducts.com wrote:

Ok. Duh. I should have realized that subscriptions needed to be be at least a day long, but Paypal could have told me that in the error message. I set it to 2 days and now the Paypal part works. It gives me an error when it returns to the site though:

Sorry no response for your payment from payment server (error Error: cURL could not retrieve the document, error 60.). Please check your email and status later.
No suitable basket found.

Do I need to enable IPN? What URL should it post to? (I didn't see this in the docs).

Yes, you need to enable IPN, and yes cURL must be working on your server, and yes, your server's firewall must allow ports 443 (https) and 80 (http) out.

All of that is described in the CBSubs manual. Search for "IPN".

Searching for "Paypal" in the manual finds me:

CBSubs 1.0.2 manual pages 105-112 paragraph 6.4.1, and whole chapter 13 ! pages 255-260...

Very detailed explanations :)

Pleas read chapter 13 for paypal side settings and 6.4.1 for CBSubs-side settings carefully. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 8 months ago #105256 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic Re:Paypal: The link you have used to enter the Pay
My bad. Must have missed it somehow. I'll go RTFM. Thanks.

14 years 8 months ago #105885 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic Re:Paypal: The link you have used to enter the Pay
Was a problem with my OpenSSL config. Thanks for the help (and the excellent docs :blush:)!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn