content restriction problems

14 years 9 months ago #104921 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:content restriction problems
Hmm, you're trying to restrict content articles, but it's not restricting them?

Sounds like the plugin is not configured properly. Check Settings in CBSubs plugin. On Integrations tab followed by Content/Extensions check the setting Still show intro text for articles.

If this is not configured properly it'll show the intro of an article and restrict the rest (readmore). With default configuration it only restricts readmore content. Changing this will restrict the entire artcle.

If changing this does not function then please PM me backend admin information and I will inspect your configuration for you.

Please keep in mind if you're inspecting whether your plan worked or not do not use an admin as they'll have full access regardless of subscription (unless changed to do otherwise).

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/14 21:26

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104924 by delliott
Replied by delliott on topic Re:content restriction problems
Yes, I am trying to make some menu options (and therefore the articles under them) visible to my subscription user but not the public.

The menu items are marked as registered (not public). I do not want all registered members to see them, tho' because I noticed that if I do a cancel on a subscription that is a pay-offline payment method, that they still get a login that works. SO....to prevent that login from seeing my restricted content, I want to use the subscription to control the access to that content via the menus.

Therefore, in the back-end admin panel for the subs plugin I only specified which menu options to restrict. I chose which ones (highlighted) the ones to restrict for my primary plan (parent one).

That content is not showing up when I log in with the user that is subscribed to that plan, however. Only if I log in with my administrator level access account (a different userid) can I see those menus now.

This is all probably easier for you to get looking at the admin panel and the results in the site.

The main problem (still persisting) is that even after removing the restricted content settings (unhighlighting the options I chose in the back-end admin panel) the content is still not visible. It is as if only admin can see it now.

I double-checked the general setting on the readmore restriction...it is not set. Nothing is being restricted there.

I think it is time for you to log in and take a look around.

14 years 9 months ago #104928 by krileon
Then please PM me backend admin login access and I will inspect your configuration. I believe this is just a misconfiguration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #105005 by krileon
Problem: Content Extention - By Menu restriction not working

Issue: Itemid is being stripped from the link preventing the protection from taking place

Resolution: Disable SEF or prevent SEF from stripping itemid

Note: By Menu is to protect menus, not articles, use article protection. I did not find your menu, I am not sure where it is located. Referred to backend and still could not locate your menu. Going directly to the link contained on the menu I was able to deduce the protection would not work with itemid missing. If SEF is not guessing the itemid back correctly then this is the issue, otherwise it will work fine. However, you REQUIRE a subscription to even login. You have no free plans present. Then you have the menu as registered. This means no one will see the menu except subscribers and thus no one can even find the links.

Suggestion: Use article restrictions (all of which you see above By Menu) to properly restrict articles.

No bug present, all working as inteded.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/15 14:50

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn