CB Subs Subscription Tab Disappeared

14 years 10 months ago #99744 by msquared70
CB Subs Subscription Tab Disappeared was created by msquared70
AFter the update my subscription tab in user profile has disappeared. Its published. I can't uninstall it and reinstall it because its connected to the CB subs plugin.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #99769 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Subs Subscription Tab Disappeared
msquared70 wrote:

AFter the update my subscription tab in user profile has disappeared. Its published. I can't uninstall it and reinstall it because its connected to the CB subs plugin.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Please check in CB tabs management if by any chance you do not have 2 "subscriptions" tabs. If yes, delete the one which is not attached to the "CB Paid Subscription" plugin, in case of doublt normally the one with the smallest tabid.

One tester had once this issue, but I couldn't reproduce, so if you also had 2 subscriptions tabs, and by chance you written down what you exactly did to get that, please tell us, so we can fix.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #99774 by msquared70
Replied by msquared70 on topic Re:CB Subs Subscription Tab Disappeared
no, just one instance of the tab. I did the expert upgrade. But instead of overwriting the necessary files I deleted them using ftp first then uploaded the new ones to avoid any errors. I have check permissions and they seem fine too.

mark

14 years 10 months ago #99776 by beat
msquared70 wrote:

no, just one instance of the tab. I did the expert upgrade. But instead of overwriting the necessary files I deleted them using ftp first then uploaded the new ones to avoid any errors. I have check permissions and they seem fine too.

mark

Hm, then you probably missed something. The normal upgrade way is uninstall/install: CBSubs won't loose any settings in that process.

Try following: uninstall CBSubs only, reinstall CBSubs and then the CBSubs integration plugins you had.

You also need to do same uninstall/install on the paidsubsbot and on the module.

Make sure that you don't have any small-written error in the joomla uninstaller and installer, that permissions allow the uninstall/reinstall.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #99778 by msquared70
Replied by msquared70 on topic Re:CB Subs Subscription Tab Disappeared
reinstalling cbsubs corrected the problem! Thanks.

Just a side question about CB upgrades. Is there a possibility you guys will ever build an update system within the component? I've seen it on a few... it would REALLY be nice.

Uninstalling and reinstalling CB plugins can be such a pain if you've made any changes to them.

Thanks
Mark

14 years 10 months ago #99820 by beat
msquared70 wrote:

reinstalling cbsubs corrected the problem! Thanks.

Just a side question about CB upgrades. Is there a possibility you guys will ever build an update system within the component? I've seen it on a few... it would REALLY be nice.

Uninstalling and reinstalling CB plugins can be such a pain if you've made any changes to them.

Thanks
Mark

Cool, thanks for confirming you could solve your issue.

If we make such a system, it will be CB-wide, not only for CBSubs.. :)

But it won't change anything:

- settings are already preserved

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn