Renewing plan after skipping year

8 years 7 months ago #271275 by nbora
Renewing plan after skipping year was created by nbora
In reference to my previous post (link below) related to user skipping one year not being able to signup unless they activate previous year.

After further investigation, i see that this happens if the gap is more than 1 year. For example if user did not pay for 2014 and has expired, they can activate their membership for current 2015 year.

But if the user expired in 2013 they cannot pay for 2015 without activating 2014
I have set the plan to

Previous post
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/256-cbsubs-support/206969-3630-renewal-year--last-year?start=12
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #271564 by nbora
Replied by nbora on topic Renewing plan after skipping year
Any suggestions on this issue. My customer is getting getting unhappy

8 years 6 months ago #271655 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Renewing plan after skipping year
In the first screendump, your setting is

"Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap)",

but it should be:

"starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens last (allows free gap)"

(which is the first and default setting) for it to work in the way you described above to wish having it work.

Thanks for changing setting and re-checking (cancel basket/order first to make sure you are testing the new setting).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 6 months ago #271661 by nbora
Thank you for your response. All my memberships expire on Dec 31st of the calendar year so if i set it as you have recommended will that still happen?

I have regular validity duration to "this calendar year"

Thank you

8 years 6 months ago #271662 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Renewing plan after skipping year
That setting as it says, will have as effect:

1) renewing before expiry will extend for the period starting from current expiry
2) renewing after expiry will extend from the date where renewed

The relevant start date will be that one in case of non-calendar periods, and in case of calendar periods, it will be the date taken for the calendar period, depending on the bonus time setting.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

8 years 6 months ago #271663 by nbora
Thank you again. I just need to know if all memberships will expire on Dec 31 regardless of when they renewed before or after expiry.

That is what I want to confirm.

Regards
Naba

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn