CBsubs tax report

7 years 10 months ago #283547 by activha
CBsubs tax report was created by activha
Hello

We have a problem with Paid Subscriptions -> Taxes -> Sales tax report

When a basket is partially paid, for instance if we have an initiated offline basket with an invoice of 1000 € (with 200 € TVA) and the client pays partially only 300 € manually, then the tax report shows the basket as fully paid and will report a tax report of 200 € instead of only the partial payment tax.

So the tax report is not accurate for our tax declaration.

If we try to find out per invoice, we have no way to sort on the invoice number to quickly find if an invoice has been paid or not.

- is it possible to change the Paid Subscriptions -> Taxes -> Sales tax report so that it takes into account partial payments and correctly compute the tax from them ?
- is it possible to add a sorting feature throughout CBsubs for invoice numbers ?

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #283569 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CBsubs tax report
Hello Jean,

It is implemented to comply with VAT/sales taxes in most countries, where they are due on invoices ("prestations convenues" or "prestations reçues"), and not on payments, specially partial payments of an invoice. Any discrepencies or adjustments to payments usually would have to be declared separately in . This includes France to the best of my knowledge. Something to check with your accountant/auditor/fiscal advisor ?

The whole VAT computation is done on invoices and not on payments. I am not aware of any cart or accounting software that does VAT computations on payments and not on invoices.

Invoice numbers can be searched in the search box of payment baskets. Sorting on columns is planed (similar to CB), but will be implemented when we look at export functions.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 10 months ago #283571 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBsubs tax report

It is implemented to comply with VAT/sales taxes in most countries, where they are due on invoices ("prestations convenues" or "prestations reçues"), and not on payments, specially partial payments of an invoice. Any discrepencies or adjustments to payments usually would have to be declared separately in . This includes France to the best of my knowledge. Something to check with your accountant/auditor/fiscal advisor ?

Nope, we pay VAT on payments received in France and not on invoicing, meaning payments completed but also cashed in in bank.
So when an invoice is only half paid, we have to establish a partial "Avoir" and we pay VAT only on the amount received.
Our accountants are FIDUCIAL, so no problem from this side :-)

7 years 10 months ago #283575 by beat
In that case, it's much simpler to just use the bank statements :)

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 10 months ago #283577 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBsubs tax report
No as we also have other sources of income and other cash flows :-)

Is it difficult to implement a tax computation depending upon real payments and not upon invoicing ?

What would you suggest in case of partial refund or partial payment ? should we completely refund the invoice and create a new one ?

Even in the case of a partial refund our customers do not see the refund on the invoice. There is only a statement "partially refunded" but the amount is not corrected

7 years 10 months ago #283590 by beat
I am very surprised that turnover in France is based on payments and not on invoices.
That's against international generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).

What you are suggesting here is a fully blown automated accounting system for VAT, which goes way beyond anything I'm aware of in the market (open-source or proprietary).

CBSubs is not an automated accounting system, and is not planed to become one (even if I would love to have it for our own business here).

Maybe by taking the bank statements, you could just have a single system for VAT reporting for all your cash flows ;)

ok, now that generalities are said :) :

Payment records do not have any VAT computations (and I am not aware of any accounting system that has that, as VAT is always linked to invoices, and actually to invoice items). Also for partial payments of multiple items with different VAT rules, the payment cannot guess what the payment is for.

So having the VAT report based on payments table instead of invoices is technically and form an accounting standpoint not an option.

Additionally, you still need documents that you can show to your VAT inspectors in case you have an inspection. And those documents are invoices and credit-notes.

The normal way accountants do account for partial payments of full invoices that are issued is by issuing manual credit notes ("Note de crédit") which contain negative VAT (or credited VAT amount corresponding to the unpaid amount). Those credit-notes are "negative invoices".

CBSubs is not a manual invoicing system, and does not support such manual credit notes, which would have to be issued by your accountant separately (e.g. with a text-processing or a spreadsheet).

Not knowing your use-case, it's hard to make an educated guess on which solution is best. Maybe a donation plan to account for the paid amounts generating a separate invoice instead of the original one could help in those few very particular case where you have partial defaults of payments. Or just account separately those partial payments with manualy issued credit-notes outside CBSubs ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds