Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Need info about your hosting services

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #208673 by dotcom22
Need info about your hosting services was created by dotcom22
hello

I plan to use your hosting EU service for a specific Joomla 2.5 project under construction. Later I will also add some other already active sites. So I need some more infos:

1) You say your host is optimized for Joomla and CB so I suppose your have something like SuPhp installed for avoid all files permissions problem. Can you confirm this point ?

2) Your host services seem to use Virtualmin, so I will get the same tools and interface than the one available in the root demo here ?:

www.virtualmin.com/demo

3) If I subscribe for your bronze or silver package, I can register using a fake domain just for testing purpose and then if all is fine delete my fake domain with my test site and add my true domain/sites ?

4) My project (is not focused on e-commerce even if I will have CBsubs installed for let users pay their subscription with Paypal) need to be SSL secured. My main goal is only to provide "trust" and nothing more because except standard data like name and email I will not have any other sensible data. I'm well experienced with Joomla and CB but I never use before SSL with Joomla. It seem the best is to force Joomla to be always SSL secured (for avoid problem with ssl and no-ssl page) instead to make only some part of the site only. What do you suggest ?

5) I see we can buy to you SSL Certificate Comodo Essential 3 years for 110 euro (that mean one time fee for 3 years or 110 euro per years ??) with included installation and we need also to buy a dedicated IP for 2.50 euro per month. Can you confirm this ?

6) If I buy to you a dedicated IP (for example 123.45.67.89 )this mean the IP is only for one domain/site or for all domain/site hosted according to my CB Hosting package (for example 5 sites/domains for Bronze) ?

7) I see on your own side you use the Startcom class 2 certificate. Why not use the same stuff you propose that mean SSL Comodo Essential certificate ? I know all SSL stuff is just matter of trust and any cheap certificate (or free ?) work like any other expansive certificate...however it seem to me more credible to use what you propose...

8) It seem we can make our own backup using Virtualmin...however at your side do you make also some global emergency backup? In fact if I make backup of all my site and choose to store those backup on my own host, what happen in case of crash? Your redundant server will keep my backup ?

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by dotcom22.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
11 years 8 months ago #208890 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Need info about your hosting services
any news please ???

• beat
  • beat
11 years 8 months ago #208894 by beat
1. Yes, we use SuPHP, and file permissions are private and not an issue.

2. Virtualmin PRO is installed, with customer-level access. Obviously you don't get root access.

3. Register with the real domain, then create a fake alias sub-domain for your testing purposes.

4. For SSL you will need a dedicated IP address too and a SSL cert. CBSubs does not need SSL mandatorily, except for authorize.net. No need to SSL all of Joomla. CBSubs and Joomla are smart enough to stay on SSL when they need to switch over to it.

5. the SSL price is for 3 years and includes installation. Dedicated IP address has a setup fee too. Both of these are non-refundable, to the contrary of the 30-days money-back warranty for the rest.

6. the dedicated IP is for 1 domain and all its alias-domains. Sub-domains can be on same or shared IP.

7. We now use Comodo Essential. Startcom is not available anymore. Where did you see please Startcom mentioned, so we can fix the description ?

8. We have a redundant cluster and a nightly offsite backup. This means that any hardware failure single disk-crash or server-crsah is virtually invisible operatively, except for a some minutes of downtime until system reconfigures/propagates automatically. You can do your own backups too, to S3 or FTP sites. Private scheduled backups are also available upon request.

Of course, please review our Terms of Service at signup, as "borderline" content cannot be hosted on our servers for legal and quality-of-service reasons.

Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
11 years 8 months ago #208926 by dotcom22
About 4:

In Joomla, settings related to SSL are a bit poor. I would like for example to be in SSL mode (and to get https url everywhere) only when users are logged-in but this seem to not be possible. Have you a work around for this ? On the CB login module the HTTPS params seem to do that..can you confirm ?

About 7:

See attached screenshot. I get Startcom info when I click on the Https Lock present in URL bar. This happen with FF and Chrome...

Attachments:

• beat
  • beat
11 years 8 months ago #208932 by beat
About 4:
- CB Login module has such a setting to go https for login and registration. So works around joomla shortcoming.

ABout 7:
- You are speaking about the Level 2 *.joomlapolis.com certificate, which is a certified wildcard certificate, which was not available at Commodo when we purchased ours. As we have multiple .joomlapolis.com domains with SSL we needed such a secure wildcard certificate.

We can offer such a certificate from Commodo too if you wish. The price for a wildcard level 2 3-years certificate not the same at all (cost is around 1200$ for all 3 years including installation !!!), but given the price and non-refundability, a wire-transfer pre-payment would be required.

You can also purchase a certificate elsewhere if you prefer, and then we charge installation cost (non-refundable).

But as said SSL is not required unless you use authorize.net (technically and legally). Marketing is another story.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
11 years 8 months ago #209289 by dotcom22
hello

Please last thing:

I would like transfer a website (using akeeba) but I need also to transfer some email who are present inside the main email account of that website.

Actually I have a VPS under Cpanel and Admin of this website use Roundcube as Webmail.

- Do you offer also Roundcube webmail?

- Is possible to download all email from this actual email box and to re-upload all inside your mail box host ?

thank

Moderators: beatnantkrileon