Need help & suggestion with the basic tasks

10 years 5 months ago #235349 by yourgoal
Hi,

Happy to inform you that I was able to do some work on the website and was successful in adding login module, who's online, latest users, notifications and latest news to my website "adventure.yourgoal.in"

Request seniors to help me with the below mentioned tasks.

1) I want create a good looking community with a rotating banner in my home page in the place of the current banner, images in rotating banner should be selected by the admin

2) How to display the latest news module in the place of "Beginners, Upgraders, Professionals".

3) How to show the profile picture of the latest users & users who are online

4) Problem: If you click on register button, you can find 2 login forms getting displayed. Please help with it and let me know how to disable it as I have tried to disable it in modules but of no use.

5) Please let me know the best free template that I can use for social community website with the maximum number of modules shown in the home page.

Thanking you for your kind help,

with regards,
Suresh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #236131 by danbo1972
Replied by danbo1972 on topic Need help & suggestion with the basic tasks
Most of what you're wanting is in Joomla itself and not in CB, but I'll see if I can help some.

1) In JOOMLA, under the component tab you have a banner tab. You can set up your banner there. You may find a third party sites banner mods more appealing to the eye than the joomla default banner styles.

2) Find out where the "Beginners" mod is published. Every template is different. Go to JOOMLA mods manager and search for "beginners". You should be able to find where it's placed once you open it. Unpublish that mod, create a new one, "Latest News", and set it's position to where the Beginners mod was. Publish it and you're on your way.

3) Don't know, haven't tried it.

4) Go to JOOMLA mods. Search for "login". Unpublish the Joomla system login mod.

5) There are a ton of templates out there that are free. what looks like the best to one person may not be to another so the choice is yours. Take a look at the templates that CB offers. You may find them to be the best for what you're wanting to do and they work well with community builder.

Good luck!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn