MyCommunity server

7 years 11 months ago #281546 by weinelb
MyCommunity server was created by weinelb
On 2 May I purchased MyCommunity template. My hosting service needs an FTP server to obtain and install it on Joomla! 3.5.1 server. Please provide info in this capture: i.e. Joomlapolis FTP server host, FTP port (if not 21), FTP Username & password and FTP path (if not root). Alternately, HTTP access may work (with similar information), but is not recommended.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281566 by beat
Replied by beat on topic MyCommunity server

weinelb wrote: On 2 May I purchased MyCommunity template. My hosting service needs an FTP server to obtain and install it on Joomla! 3.5.1 server. Please provide info in this capture: i.e. Joomlapolis FTP server host, FTP port (if not 21), FTP Username & password and FTP path (if not root). Alternately, HTTP access may work (with similar information), but is not recommended.

Actually, the FTP server that you are looking for in Joomla's global configuration is the one corresponding to your website, in case the web server software doesn't have writing rights to your installation folder. Your hoster can provide you the information if even needed:

But if the host is configured normally, you can just use the Joomla extensions installer to install our Joomla template:

It's under Extensions -> Manager -> Install.

Then go to Extensions -> Templates, and make it default (or assign it to some pages).

You might need to adapt modules' positions if needed.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 11 months ago #281624 by weinelb
Replied by weinelb on topic MyCommunity server
OK. Got hosting service to expand PHP size limits so I could use "upload & install" per "CB Quick Installation Checklist", but there was a problem. Power flick during upload & install of "com_comprofiler.zip" knocked me offline so I didn't see installation or success message at end of install. However, I continued installing "mod_cblogin.zip" and other extensions through "mod_comprofilerOnline.zip" (on assumption of success) and all these subsequent installs indicated success.

However, now my site looks like attached JPEG, so profiler install must have failed. Now if I try "upload & install" of "com_comprofiler.zip" it returns this error:

Error
Mandatory Community Builder lib_CBLib not installed!
Error installing component

Is there a way I can upload content and use "Discover" (or "Install from Folder") to get the profiler installed? Alternately, can folders be deleted for the subsequent installs to allow me to do the entire sequence again?
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn