Dropdown Menü with Flexistrap Template

7 years 4 months ago #288796 by Onkel Tom
Dropdown Menü with Flexistrap Template was created by Onkel Tom
Hi there, I would like to have a horizontal main menu with submenu items in dropdowns - just as it is well known standard on many websites. I am not able to realize this on my website built with the Flexistrap template. If there is only one item without a submenu item, everything is fine. But if a menu item has a submenu item, the first level item is displayed without css formatting and the submenu item does not appear at all.
Is there an easy way to realize a simple menu with dropdowns for some items ?
Thanks in advance.
Tom

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #288870 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dropdown Menü with Flexistrap Template
Ensure your menu module in position-1 has "Show Sub-menu Items" set to "Yes". Pretty sure it only supports 1 level of sub-menus as well. Meaning only the following structure is allowed.

Parent 1
- Child 1
- Child 2
- Child 3
Parent 2
Parent 3

However, there seams to be a bug with the jQuery not loading and preventing the Bootstrap JS from working properly. Am working on a fix for next build.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288895 by Onkel Tom
Replied by Onkel Tom on topic Dropdown Menü with Flexistrap Template
OK, thanks for providing a bugfix for this issue as soon as possible. Please post here when ready so I get a notice and can apply the bugfix immediately.
Best regards
Tom

7 years 3 months ago #289034 by Onkel Tom
Replied by Onkel Tom on topic Dropdown Menü with Flexistrap Template
Hello Kyle,
I have noticed another problem with the Flexistrap template: In the template settings there is an option whether to load Bootstrap or not. What Version of Boostrap does this load?

I have RSForm!Pro installed and use the Flexistrap template on the website. Although being up to date with the last version of Flexistrap, in the CB Plugin Overview the Template is marked as incompatible with Version 1.0

I noticed, that in the submissions overview of RSForm!Pro the headlines of the columns disappear, when just pointing - not even clicking - with the mouse on them. The RSJoomla Support told me, this is typically a problem when using two Versions of Bootstrap in the same Website. RSForm!Pro has been designed to work using the same standard Joomla! framework, including what the Joomla! CMS uses by default (currently Joomla! natively supports Bootstrap 2 and not 3).

Because of that I tried to deactivate the Option in the Flextrap Template Settings to prevent Bootstrap being loaded by the template. The result is, that the erratic behaviour of the columns headers has gone. The Headers are displayed properly and dont vanish when hovering with the mouse pointer over them.

So it would be nice to know if the Template setting for loading Bootstrap or not uses Bootstrap in Version 3 ? If yes, I would recommend to inform the user with a short comment near the option or let him choose wich Version of Bootstrap should be used, if it is necessary to have Bootstrap loaded in addition by the template at all.

Regards
Thomas

7 years 3 months ago #289062 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dropdown Menü with Flexistrap Template

I have noticed another problem with the Flexistrap template: In the template settings there is an option whether to load Bootstrap or not. What Version of Boostrap does this load?

Bootstrap 3. If turned off it loads Joomlas Bootstrap which is Bootstrap 2. You basically can't turn it off unless you've something else loading Bootstrap 3 at all times.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 days ago #293185 by lynnapp
Replied by lynnapp on topic Dropdown Menü with Flexistrap Template
Did this ever get fixed.
I am trying to set up flexistrap and the dropdown is just always visible and the Nav menu does not turn into a hamburger on small devices.
Is that the way it is supposed to be.
I will PM the message site if you need it

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn