Update Profile bug

18 years 4 months ago #1522 by ender
Update Profile bug was created by ender
Pertinent data:
Mambo 4.5.2.
latest Simpleboard and myPMSII integrated.
CB 1.0RC2, from Mamboforge (Is this the same package available here?)
Removed CB 1.0RC1 prior to CB1.0RC2 install.

Update profile doesn't work for new fields, tabs. Reports no errors, but doesn't seem to post properly, as inputted data is lost. Please note that this is after having successfully added a handful of new fields to both the contact info tab, as well as the new tab.

If this has already been addressed in another thread, I apologize, but I've scanned MamboJoe's and Mamboforge, as well as dev.Joomla before scanning here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #1524 by ender
Replied by ender on topic Re:Update Profile bug
I reinstalled CB1.0RC2 from the zip on Joomlapolis to no avail.

18 years 4 months ago #1553 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Update Profile bug
I don't think it has been addressed because I don't think it is a problem with the component. I have lots of new fields as well as tabs and the update profile works just fine. My only thought would be to back up your database and try removing then reinstalling CB. Good Luck

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 4 months ago #1588 by ender
Replied by ender on topic Re:Update Profile bug
To be clearer, I had added tabs and fields that had properly updated when entered prior to the problem emerging. The only thing I can think of that could've had any bearing is that I entered a "public e-mail" that had no "@" in it, and CB tucked an ampersand at the end. I don't think that really has anything to do with it, but it was what happened immediately prior. In any event, I corrected it directly in the database. And I did try removing entirely, then reinstalling CB to no effect.

I could see the problem not being with CB at all, but thusfar, I have no particular reason to suspect it. I was thinking it might have something to do with Mambo, as I'm using 4.5.2 and the thrust of development seems to be towards the gradually forking Joomla.

Anyone have any experiences migrating a Mambo install to Joomla? Can I get away with just using the same database? I assume I'd have to remember to specify the mos_ db prefixes......

I'd be more than happy to provide a temporary superadmin login to any certified CB folks who'd be so kind as to take a (brief) look under the hood....this is getting truly maddening, since I use CB perfectly fine under other sites. (Albeit now under the Joomla wing; I'm just reluctant to migrate this site if I don't have to. I just got it the way I want it....minus CB.)

Post edited by: Ender, at: 2005/12/08 02:04

18 years 4 months ago #1628 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Update Profile bug
It could be related to this bug (which hasn't been reproduced/fixed yet):

developer.joomla.org/sf/go/artf2289?nav=1

Please confirm.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 months ago #1658 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Update Profile bug
ender wrote:

Anyone have any experiences migrating a Mambo install to Joomla? Can I get away with just using the same database? I assume I'd have to remember to specify the mos_ db prefixes......

Ender,

There are complete instructions on how to migrate a 4.5.2.x Mambo site to Joomla at the following link:
help.joomla.org/content/view/818/27/

Please note you will need the full install version of Joomla which you can aquire at:
developer.joomla.org/sf/frs/do/downloadFile/projects.joomla/frs.joomla_1_0.1_0_4/frs2532?dl=1

Post edited by: rick, at: 2005/12/08 21:22

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn