MyPMS problem

18 years 5 months ago #559 by rick
MyPMS problem was created by rick
I have noticed that using the mod_cbloginrc2 login mod I get a problem with Private messages. I use myPMS enhanced but the same thing happens with the stock myPMS as well.

When a new private message is recieved I get the appropriate notification in the login window but when I click to see the PM it takes me to the page to create a new message. I have to click on the inbox to read my new PM and that is confusing for some of the new users.

Is anyone else having this problem and if so does anyone have a fix.

Post edited by: rick, at: 2005/11/26 00:24

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 months ago #826 by trostlos
Replied by trostlos on topic Re:MyPMS problem
I use MyPMS Pro, and clicking on the new message notification takes me to trash... I checked the code, and as far as I see, it should be task=inbox, but it is task=trash on the site... Any ideas what might cause this kind of behaviour?

18 years 5 months ago #861 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:MyPMS problem
Ok. Got it.

This is what happens: you probably have menu links for trash and create new message, in addition of inbox link...

The cb login module looks the menu up, to find a suitable link, to try to catch btw that missing ItemId. It finds the first menu item, which may not be the inbox...!

You got 2 choices with RC2:

1) remove all menu items to PMS (and empty trash, just saw that also there)

2) edit your modules/mod_cblogin.php file and on each of lines 162,176 and 187, replace:
[code:1] if (!$pms_link) {[/code:1]
with
[code:1] if (true) {[/code:1]

Logging a bug on tracker for this.... :whistle:
Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 5 months ago #868 by carlos
Replied by carlos on topic Re:MyPMS problem
Rick wrote:

I have noticed that using the mod_cbloginrc2 login mod I get a problem with Private messages. I use myPMS enhanced but the same thing happens with the stock myPMS as well.

Thanks for the insight, but can you kindly tell me where i can get the MyPMS Enhanced version?

Thanks

18 years 5 months ago #879 by trostlos
Replied by trostlos on topic Re:MyPMS problem
Yay, it worked. Thanks a bunch beat.

I fixed it by deleting the menuitems I had. For anyone else doing the same, don't forget to empty the backend trash after deleting. Having those menuitems in the trash also make it go wrong.

18 years 5 months ago #897 by Papillon
Replied by Papillon on topic Re:MyPMS problem

can you kindly tell me where i can get the MyPMS Enhanced version?

Hi, you will find it here:

www.joomlaportal.de/veroeffentlichungen-von-komponenten-modulen-templates/9396-mypms-enhanced-v1-2-a.html

Greetz Papi

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn