Send Mail form times out in Firefox, AOL browser

18 years 2 months ago #5681 by djsdjs
Anyone else see this in CB RC2 on Joomla 1.03 ? I have one user reporting it. They get the timeout message that can be configured for the Send Message form.

Just want to know if it is more than one of my users before bothering to submit a bug report.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5837 by beat
This has to do with Joomla sessions handling and AOL's proxys farm.

The problem here is that the request for the form and the form posting come from 2 different IPs and generate two different joomla sessions. This in turn brakes our anti-spam mechanism in that form.

You may try the experimental AOL-savy session-management hack from this thread:

forum.joomla.org/index.php?topic=34275

If you do so, please let us know there and here by reply posting here if it fixed your problem... i subscribed to both topics. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 2 months ago #7259 by djsdjs
Is there a way to redesign the anti-spam functionality so it does not get hampered by the sessions problem?

I have users who cannot communicate with anyone on the site - some are using XP with IE (from ISPs in South Africa).

Also looks like the ISP provides a browser accelerator - so I am checking if they are using it.

Although I know it is at the core a sessions problem, it does feel reasonable to ask someone to change their browser or browser accelerator or ISP so they can submit a form on my site.

D.

18 years 2 months ago #7339 by beat
The lessons learned last week with Joomla! 1.0.8 sessions will help a lot here... ;)

You need to update to Joomla! 1.0.8 and then set the security level in global site configuration to 2 to get all/most AOL problems solved :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 2 months ago #7342 by djsdjs
Had just upgraded to 1.0.8 earlier today - just changed the setting - will have the user test it.

Thanks much,
D.

18 years 1 month ago #7722 by djsdjs
I tried the new setting and it does not solve the problem.

It also cause a weird problem where a login resulting in an not authorized message - repeating the login would get me in - almost like it was immediately killing my session or something.

I have two users using XP with IE and one of them cannot update their profile and one cannot send messages.

D.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn