CB Login RC2 does not login! mod_login OK

18 years 2 months ago #6583 by trevor.bennett
CB Login RC2 does not login! mod_login OK was created by trevor.bennett
On a test site, www.communitykiosks.org.uk, I have installed Joomla 1.0.7 and imported a large number of users; then installed CB current 1.0 RC. Using CB Login 1.0 RC, and entering a previously registered name and passwd, nothing happens when login button hit apart from the form being reset! Same for new user registered through CB Login 1.0 RC2 .... (and eg valid admin!) back to mod_login - works ... . CB worked ok on Mambo 4.5.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #6584 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:CB Login RC2 does not login! mod_login OK
I have not seen that issue... did you unpublish the regular Joomla login mod?

Currently have J 1.0.7 and CB 1.0 RC2 working fine as well as J1.0.4 and CB 1.0 RC2...

You mention importing a large number of users... how did you go about that?

Are all of these tables syncd?

jos_users
jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map
jos_comprofiler

Thanks,
Greg

Post edited by: geeffland, at: 2006/02/17 21:59

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 2 months ago #6634 by trevor.bennett
Replied by trevor.bennett on topic Re:CB Login RC2 does not login! mod_login OK
Hi! Yes I unpublished the mod_login - then re-tried it ok - back to CB; no login occurs (I have checked in backend to see whether admin thinks I am in - no) I have to say that when logged in, using joomla mod_login, the difficulty was logout - the yellow button didn't work, only a direct call to www.communitykiosks.org.uk/index.php?option=logout seemed to clear it - javascript problem possibly.
This was a clean install of joomla 1.0.7 apart from the mambo files which I couldn't delete or chmod: all renamed.

I imported a lot of users to Mambo using the com_importusers script, modded to add passwords (user's postcodes!); this is of course only to mos_users etc, and com_login shows I was sucessful. While testing, I found only that Mambo (and joomla) user management were a bit reluctant to fully delete users so that I could run the same update again - it didn't clear them out of jos_core_acl_aro and jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map.
On Mambo it was followed by a query to get the IDs, a join in an external db to add the data (from akreservations at first) and a mysql update to the fields I had added to CB. This all worked OK! I am trying now to make it work joomla/CB prior to upgrading my production site.
I have run the CB synch tool - presume this is all required ?

18 years 1 month ago #8978 by beat
trevor.bennett wrote:

Hi! Yes I unpublished the mod_login - then re-tried it ok - back to CB; no login occurs (I have checked in backend to see whether admin thinks I am in - no) I have to say that when logged in, using joomla mod_login, the difficulty was logout - the yellow button didn't work, only a direct call to www.communitykiosks.org.uk/index.php?option=logout seemed to clear it - javascript problem possibly.
This was a clean install of joomla 1.0.7 apart from the mambo files which I couldn't delete or chmod: all renamed.

I imported a lot of users to Mambo using the com_importusers script, modded to add passwords (user's postcodes!); this is of course only to mos_users etc, and com_login shows I was sucessful. While testing, I found only that Mambo (and joomla) user management were a bit reluctant to fully delete users so that I could run the same update again - it didn't clear them out of jos_core_acl_aro and jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map.
On Mambo it was followed by a query to get the IDs, a join in an external db to add the data (from akreservations at first) and a mysql update to the fields I had added to CB. This all worked OK! I am trying now to make it work joomla/CB prior to upgrading my production site.
I have run the CB synch tool - presume this is all required ?

Looks like you did what was needed. It's hard to say what happens without a deep look into your db.

If you create a new user in CB backend, can this user login in front-end ?

If yes, then compare the entries of that new user with an imported one.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 weeks ago #9188 by trevor.bennett
Replied by trevor.bennett on topic Re:CB Login RC2 does not login! mod_login OK
Hi! I just tried registering a new user through CB back-end.(another small test site joomla 1.0.8, no imported users)
This user still cannot login through mod_cbloginrc2 IF mod_login is unpublished. Previously I found that if mod_login was left off page, or put to undisplayed user position, cbloginrc2 still didn't work (ie form re-set, no other result, no login)

Workround found: leave mod_login Published but substantially disable it by commenting out ALL output (login input boxes, buttons, links to lost password, links to register etc). cbloginrc2 now works OK!! On live site, still on m*mbo 4.5.2, have left mod_login to do login, but cbloginrc2 to do everything else esp register. (split because earlier trials of progressively disabling mod_login broke it!). I will carry on this basis unless this sparks any new ideas!
Thanks
Trevor

18 years 2 weeks ago #9910 by Wolfe
Easy hack till fixed...

Unpublish the CB login, leave the old com_long published...

REPLACE in "mod_login.php"

[code:1]<?php
if ( $registration_enabled ) {
?>
<tr>
<td>
<?php echo _NO_ACCOUNT; ?>
<a href="<?php echo sefRelToAbs( 'index.php?option=com_registration&amp;task=register' ); ?>">
<?php echo _CREATE_ACCOUNT; ?></a>
</td>
</tr>
<?php
}
?>[/code:1]

with

[code:1]<?php
if ( $registration_enabled ) {
?>
<tr>
<td>
<?php echo _NO_ACCOUNT; ?>
<a href="<?php echo sefRelToAbs( 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;task=registers' ); ?>">
<?php echo _CREATE_ACCOUNT; ?></a>
</td>
</tr>
<?php
}
?>[/code:1]

Now when users register they are using the CB module, they can still log out, and login. (i tested it)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn