Username already in Use

18 years 1 month ago #8333 by rwbronco
Username already in Use was created by rwbronco
I did a search in the forums but didn't find anything useful for me. I'm using CB 1.0 RC2. I'm also using the latest Joomla, 1.0.8 ("Sunshade"). I used the phpBB import plugin for CB and imported the users into my DB. I'm using Joomlaboard as my forum.

Thing is, when i was using a phpBB forum, there weren't fields like "favorite ice cream" and whatnot, but there are new fields now. I figured people could read the headline news that says "CLICK UPDATE YOUR PROFILE" and would know to do so.

Problem I'm having is that when someone tries to update their profile it says "this username is already being used, please choose another username"

I have no idea why it's doing this...the link I'm giving them to edit is -

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=&task=userDetails

Is that ok? They can log in and post in the forums with it and send messages with PMSII, but can't edit their profile.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #8603 by vasja
Replied by vasja on topic Re:Username already in Use
Hello,
I have exactly the same problems on my site... Don't know where to start digging...

"Who dares wins"

18 years 1 month ago #8660 by vasja
Replied by vasja on topic Re:Username already in Use
Hi,
I found the problem... Check jom_users table (or mos_users table if you use mambo) for duplicated user entries in username field and wipe them out.
Don't forget to backup your data first...

"Who dares wins"

18 years 1 month ago #8723 by rwbronco
Replied by rwbronco on topic Re:Username already in Use
doesn't seem to be any duplicate entries listed...there are 61 registered users in my forum. The ID number starts on 62 and goes to 124...is that right?

18 years 1 month ago #8724 by rwbronco
Replied by rwbronco on topic Re:Username already in Use
checking again now there is a jos_users table and there is a jos_sb_users table...could they be conflicting?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn