[Solved] Forum order and fields Joomlaboard and CB

18 years 1 month ago #8495 by Severe
I noticed that when a reply is posted on the forums of my site, the reply is listed above the other posting (set to newest first) while this was originaly set to oldest first (by default). For some reason this has changed.

When I tried to set it back to the default values, I noticed that the fields values in the profiles are gone.

In field management of CB I see the following:
File Attachment:

When I look at my profile and want to change the values in the Forum Tab, it looks like this:
File Attachment:

(images are clickable)

Any way to solve this and bring it back to the old values?

Thanks for reading

Post edited by: Severe, at: 2006/03/29 12:56

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #8844 by beat
:S strange.

- If you click onto sbviewtype, which is a select list, do you see the values displayed ?

- would it maybe be a language file problem ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 1 month ago #8986 by Severe
Thanks for looking into this Beat.

This is the sbviewtype in detail:

File Attachment:

Also, when I try to edit a user (change email addres for instance), I get the following error:

[code:1]
DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'sbviewtype' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE jos_comprofiler SET `sbviewtype`='',`sbordering`='',`sbsignature`='',`user_id`='63',`firstname`='',`middlename`='',`lastname`='',`approved`='1',`confirmed`='1' WHERE id='63'
SQL =

UPDATE jos_comprofiler SET `sbviewtype`='',`sbordering`='',`sbsignature`='',`user_id`='63',`firstname`='',`middlename`='',`lastname`='',`approved`='1',`confirmed`='1' WHERE id='63'[/code:1]

Arffff....:dry:

Post edited by: Severe, at: 2006/03/25 02:45

18 years 4 weeks ago #9074 by beat
It looks that for some reason (which??? :S ), your tables got out of sync.

If you look with phpMyAdmin, you will probably be able to confirm that:

- sbviewtype is listed in jos_comprofiler_fields (with a given field-id)
- the corresponding column in jos_comprofiler is missing
- in jos_comprofiler_field_values, there is no corresponding entry either.

The easiest is probably to delete the corresponding lines in jos_comprofiler_fields sbviewtype, etc. of SB/JB and then to recreate them using the JB button which creates them (dont press refresh/back/etc. button during that operation, this can interrupt the process and create partial updates (one hypothesis of the reason this could have happened).

Next CB version will be protected against such interruptions, but most components, including actual CB aren't (especially in backend).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 weeks ago #9159 by Severe
Thanks Beat.
I have deleted the fields in the CB admin that were related to Joomlaboard and recreated them in Joomlaboard.
For as far as I can see it's working again :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn