Several sites sharing CB?

18 years 4 months ago #2625 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Several sites sharing CB?
It is really quite easy. Just go to your cPanel (hope thats what you have), on the site that has the data, then mysql, then phpMyAdmin. Open the data base that you want to tranfer from and export the following fields:

jos_comprofiler
jos_comprofiler_members
jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map
jos_users

I believe that is all of them. Then just import those into your new data base. Don't quote me on that, I did this with one of mine and I am fairly sure it was those fields. If not let me know and I will go back and check it on a test site. The 2 that were a little confuseing were the jos_core_acl_aro, jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map. With out them the system acts very strange and it took a while to find those 2 fields.

Post edited by: rick, at: 2005/12/21 18:10

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #2637 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Several sites sharing CB?
That solution will cause an error due to primary key conflict with id olumn. There is of course the solution of dropping all the users before import, but this will cause all authors to be messed up in all articles etc..

To really import new users, a custom script is needed that crates new IDs. Another options is to change te id's before importing the exported data.

mikko

18 years 4 months ago #2640 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Several sites sharing CB?
Sorry, my solution was to transfer users to a fresh install at a new site. Thanks for the clarification mikko.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #4128 by zebraz
Replied by zebraz on topic Re:Several sites sharing CB?
This couldn't be an exact answer, but I post it for what it's worth.

When I hosted my website with www.siteground.com, they did the total joomla and CB installtion for me. I didn't have to know or do anything. When it started working on the site, I asked the support team a similar question.

If I take a copy of the complete folder, will it work the same way? What I had in mind was the database of course, and the answer I got was:

"It will work, but you'll have to change the $mos_config_livesite, $mos_config_path and $cache settings in the configuration.php to suit the new location."

Does this help you?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.832 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn