No reCaptcha with CB?

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #263499 by dan40
No reCaptcha with CB? was created by dan40
Hi, I'm not new to Community Builder, but am just coming back to it after a long time. I seem to recall that there was a reCaptcha option, but now I can't find one. I knew the moment I set up my Joomla site that I would start getting spammers signing up on my page and there is now no way to stop them unless I uninstall CB and go back to the Joomla registration with reCaptcha. Needless to say I'm cheap and I don't want to pay for an extension.

However, having said this, how do I prevent spammers from signing up unless I review each one individually? Sometimes I can't keep up there are so many!!

Thanks,
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #263511 by nant
Replied by nant on topic No reCaptcha with CB?

dan40 wrote: Hi, I'm not new to Community Builder, but am just coming back to it after a long time. I seem to recall that there was a reCaptcha option, but now I can't find one. I knew the moment I set up my Joomla site that I would start getting spammers signing up on my page and there is now no way to stop them unless I uninstall CB and go back to the Joomla registration with reCaptcha. Needless to say I'm cheap and I don't want to pay for an extension.

However, having said this, how do I prevent spammers from signing up unless I review each one individually? Sometimes I can't keep up there are so many!!

Thanks,
Dan

As you are a self-proclaimed "I'm cheap" person, I will not propose the CB Antispam add-on (can be purchased separately or as part of the Professional membership).
Your free solutions:

1. search for a free CB recaptcha plugin that is compatible with Cb 2.0+ - I recall that someone had done this way back - I have no idea if it still exists, if it is maintained and if it is still free.

2. learn how to code your own CB plugin and create your own solution. Hoping that in this case you can give it back to the community as a free download.

Sorry - that's all I can offer.

Maybe someone else can help further.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn