Advanced Profile Control

15 years 1 month ago #91202 by generator11
Replied by generator11 on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
Hi All, has anyone manager to get Proma working on a live site yet? I have their proma2.0 pre-release 5 on a live site but I too have a BIG BUG on the Tab Manager. I have tried emailing Proma repeatedly in regard to this but am no closer to an answer. Infact this is the closest I have been as now I know that there has been a bug and it was not just me! I have invested soooo many hours on this now since the last days of Mikkosoft that I have to make it work or the client will abandon this part of the site and I will get nothing for my time. As it is I am pretty dispondant on the whole thing. It seems we just keep on paying money to people for components that just don't work. Having this be part of the core of CB would be a dream come true.

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................
The topic has been locked.
15 years 1 month ago #91207 by generator11
still no news on the stable release of the Proma component that works on the CB1.2 stable platform? I have been emailing and waiting, reinstalling & rebuilding and cleaning databases. I have since learned that the last time it seemed to have worked in any real form was way back on CB1.2RC3. That is a lifetime ago. If we ever see a working version of this component are we going to be having these continual issues at each CB upgrade????? I find it hard to believe that there is no other solution out there? I am thinking of contributing to the developers pool that has been set up to get a proper open source version of this operational and supported. The last version that is available in their downloads section is for CB1.2RC3 that was placed there October 17th, 2008. That was the last time it worked? I am sure that mrsoul or whomever from Proma will be subscribed to this post so feel free, respond, or email me with a later version that works. I have tried proma 2.0 pre-release 5 and that still has major functionality bugs in the Tab Manager section, a key reason for buying the component in the first place. What use is this component if you cannot add in new profile types and configure the CB fields? Looking forward to your responses. I have just wasted another half a day on this searching forums and writing increasingly frustrated posts......................

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................
15 years 1 month ago #91283 by generator11
Another footnote to this saga - I have another new version in the mail.....tomorrow

Post edited by: generator11, at: 2009/03/09 23:11

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn