Update for CB 1.1 to support Fireboard 1.0.3

16 years 5 months ago #48795 by whinecountry
Replied by whinecountry on topic Re:Update for CB 1.1 to support Fireboard 1.0.3
Nick, thanks for your work on this. I got to try it out tonight. I found one problem.

In the list of Forum posts in a member's profile it displays the posts from any forum regardless of permissions. It should only display a list relative to what that user who is viewing the profile should have access to.

Hypothetically if I have special forums that only members with special credentials can access these also display in the list to regular users. If a regular user clicks on them they can't see the post however that does not solve the entire problem. For example moderators might have a special forum where they discuss banning a user. So one moderator might have a post titled I vote to ban user1. So if user1 is viewing that moderator's profile they will see that. Not good.

Maybe that moderator doesn't want that known to regular users at large. Or maybe there is a forum with special information that only paid users can access. (not my case but you can see how it would be a problem.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #48811 by nant
whinecountry wrote:

Nick, thanks for your work on this. I got to try it out tonight. I found one problem.

In the list of Forum posts in a member's profile it displays the posts from any forum regardless of permissions. It should only display a list relative to what that user who is viewing the profile should have access to.

Hypothetically if I have special forums that only members with special credentials can access these also display in the list to regular users. If a regular user clicks on them they can't see the post however that does not solve the entire problem. For example moderators might have a special forum where they discuss banning a user. So one moderator might have a post titled I vote to ban user1. So if user1 is viewing that moderator's profile they will see that. Not good.

Maybe that moderator doesn't want that known to regular users at large. Or maybe there is a forum with special information that only paid users can access. (not my case but you can see how it would be a problem.)

already discussed earlier in this thread - related with fb sessions table - cannot solve without fb developers assistance (really a fb problem) - cannot connect with FB developer (over 3 weeks now)...

16 years 5 months ago #48817 by whinecountry
Replied by whinecountry on topic Re:Update for CB 1.1 to support Fireboard 1.0.3
regarding contacting the FB developers did you try the suggestion I sent to you by PM?

16 years 5 months ago #48822 by whinecountry
Also I should have specified this more clear in my original post. In the other CB/FB plugin that has been circulating via bestofjoomla.com the issue with permissions that I described was resolved.

That is to say when I had the other plugin installed users could only see posts in other users' profiles relative to their own permissions. So someone resolved this issue without the need for getting the FB team involved. You may want to take a look at that other plugin to see how he did it.

I'm attaching a screenshot of a test site I have setup with the view of the same profile from users with 1)regular user permissions 2) moderator permission. The "moderator forum" requires those permissions and you can see that the regular user only sees the regular posts not the moderator forum posts.

That said, yours is much better written except this one (crucial) issue. The other plugin returns a lot of warnings and notices. Yours returns none.

Thanks again.

Post edited by: whinecountry, at: 2007/10/26 21:34
Attachments:

16 years 5 months ago #48828 by nant
whinecountry wrote:

In the other CB/FB plugin that has been circulating via bestofjoomla.com the issue with permissions that I described was resolved.

weird...
both plugins use the same logic and query in this case.

could you post same screen shots using the other plug in?

My tests show the exact same output from both plugins.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2007/10/26 22:50

Post edited by: nant, at: 2007/10/26 23:09

16 years 5 months ago #48920 by helo
TY for this.

Works so much better.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn