Cant update user profile info as administrator?

12 years 7 months ago #174523 by shdale
:( Hi, I cant seem to be able to update user profile data in the administrator backend. Does anyone know where I am going wrong here - I am getting 'not authorised' message but I am logging in as superadmin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175108 by shdale
Still having same problem. Can anyone help?

12 years 7 months ago #175115 by nant
Please look at our Help Us Help You article in the FAQ area.
Best to study that first and post again - this time giving more information and clear steps to reproduce.

12 years 7 months ago #175118 by shdale
Thanks for the advice.

Exact PHP version = 5.2.5
Exact CB version = 1.4
Exact Joomla version = 1.5.23
Detailed description of problem. As described above -
Trying to update a user's profile account in back-end community builder but getting "not authorised" pop up message and account not updating. I have tried logging in to the back end as a super admin and an admin.

In CB config. > Moderation, I have set "Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles" to "Administrators and Super Administrators only".

Need to get this working quickly - have some untidy accounts listing on my site that I need to tidy up asap.

12 years 7 months ago #175124 by nant
Are you sure you are logging in using super admin account?

Sorry I cannot replicate on my CB 1.7 test site.
Not sure if upgrading to CB 1.7 (from your CB 1.4) will help you, but you should.

Not a bug or CB issue because I cannot replicate on a clean J 1.5.23 site with CB 1.4 or CB 1.7 - If you can replicate on such a clean environment (without anything else installed) I will take a look.

12 years 7 months ago #175131 by shdale
Yes, I am definitely logging in as Super Admin. I am using a 'Profile Manager' component - Could this be the source of the problem?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn