How to edit fields in cb tabs directly?

12 years 7 months ago #175302 by cocofalco
How to edit fields in cb tabs directly? was created by cocofalco
Hi there,

unfortunately I couldn't find any help for this on the web. How can users edit additional fields in their tabs directly. Currently they have to go to 'profile' afterwards 'edit profile' then search the respective tab and then enter their details.

Isn't it possible to edit fields directly in the first tab?

Best,
Constantin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175307 by nant
Would need to modify fields for (Ajax) editing.

This is planned for CB 2.0.

The CB Ajax Text field plugin is an example of such editing (available for Advanced and Professional members).

12 years 7 months ago #175315 by cocofalco
Replied by cocofalco on topic Re: How to edit fields in cb tabs directly?
Thanks Nick, I'll give the plugin a try and buy it if direct editing is possible in any tab.

Do you also have a plugin or a solution for displaying terms and conditions in one of the tabs so that users have to confirm an agreement when they update the fields in a certain tab?

Best,
Constantin

12 years 7 months ago #175323 by nant
Only thing I can suggest is to have a delimiter field with the terms displayed in a user profile and use a checkbox field to have them confirmed.

You can use the CB fieldsprogress plugin (available to professional members) to force users to their profile is the checkbox field has not been set.

12 years 7 months ago #175330 by cocofalco
The problem is, when I force users with a checkbox field to confirm the entries this has an impact on the other fields as well. So if a user wants to change his address in the tab profile and the checkbox field is required in another tab (additional information) which has nothing to do with the address the user receives a notification that he has to check that field.

Is it intended like this?

Best,
Constantin

12 years 7 months ago #175461 by cocofalco
Nant, I just purchased the Ajax text field plugin and did the update to CB 1.7 but when inserting the field it gives me the message in the editable field 'you do not have the permission to access this site'.

What am I doing wrong?

Best,
Constantin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn