Alphabet Directory for Users - Please Help

12 years 6 months ago #179809 by rayard23
I am working on my company's intranet. We have over 500 users so for the directory piece of the page it is important for me to have different ways of filtering the data for a user. Via Department, via Letter of the alphabet, searching, etc.

Anyway, what I want to do is have a module at the top of the page that has A B C D E F G H I J etc. When the user clicks on say F all the users with the last name beginning with F appear on the page.

I thought this would be as simple as creating lists for each letter then linking to them, but it is proving to be more tedious than this. Mainly because my module doesn't display on the list pages for some reason.

Is there a addon for CB that does this? There is something similar to what I am looking for here www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory though this is a directory for downloads not user profiles. The function is similar to what I am looking for though.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183303 by rayard23
Replied by rayard23 on topic Re: Alphabet Directory for Users - Please Help
For anyone wondering how to do this I will explain how I got this done. I created a list for each letter of the alphabet. Then I created a new field called FLLN (first letter last name). I hid this field from being seen on the profile but published it. I made it a required field though as I have a help desk creating all of my users for me not my users. My users will never see this field not will they ever be able to edit their accounts. (This is a company intranet and is connected via LDAP). Anyway, as I created my list for each letter I set a filter for FLLN = A . Simply go to filters, select the field, select "is equal to" or "equals" or whatever is says, and enter the letter for this list. Then add and save. Done.

12 years 4 months ago #187159 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re: Alphabet Directory for Users - Please Help
I am also looking for a easy solution for this, but I need it to be automatic, my users create and manage their own profiles in a directory.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn