Mass Mail Subject

12 years 5 months ago #182633 by ckinberg
Mass Mail Subject was created by ckinberg
I have a client that's sending out Mass Mails through their CB User Management (vr 1.3.1) and their site name is being prefixed to the beginning of the email subject. They have requested that the sitename be removed due to length but I'm not finding any place in the config settings to disable this. Does anyone know if there is a simple remedy?

Thanks much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195491 by sarafiel
Replied by sarafiel on topic Re: Mass Mail Subject
I'm looking for an answer to this too but I'm using cbmailing. Either way isn't it a Community Builder preference? Or maybe a Joomla global setting I can't find?

11 years 5 months ago #214597 by ckinberg
Replied by ckinberg on topic Re: Mass Mail Subject
Realized I'd discovered the answer but never posted. Will need to perform a forum penance for leaving unanswered for so long...

In the file: administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php

Search for the following string:

return $this->_sendEmailMSG( $rowTo, $rowFrom, cb_html_entity_decode_all($_CB_framework->getCfg( 'sitename' )).' - '.$sub, $message, false, $mode, $cc, $bcc, $attachment );

And edit accordingly to remove your full sitename and edit:

return $this->_sendEmailMSG( $rowTo, $rowFrom, cb_html_entity_decode_all($_CB_framework->getCfg( '' )).'short site name - '.$sub, $message, false, $mode, $cc, $bcc, $attachment );

Note: Remember your hacking a core file of your installation. Document properly so you remember to reapply the edit the next time you perform an upgrade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kamaldua

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn