Front end user approval

12 years 3 months ago #187084 by markhobbs
Front end user approval was created by markhobbs
Is there a way from the front-end to approve users? Basically I want to keep my client out of the back-end. I can make him the admin and just don't tell him about the site/administrator address. Everything works as it should... would just like a front end approval process (after login of course) if available.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #187087 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Front end user approval

markhobbs wrote: Is there a way from the front-end to approve users? Basically I want to keep my client out of the back-end. I can make him the admin and just don't tell him about the site/administrator address. Everything works as it should... would just like a front end approval process (after login of course) if available.

CB Moderators can approve users from frontend using the CB workflows module (included in the CB171 distribution package).

12 years 3 months ago #187089 by markhobbs
Replied by markhobbs on topic Re: Front end user approval
Thank you Nick. Would I assume CB171 is Jommla 1.7 based? This site is 1.5 based currently. Hate to change the whole site over for one feature. :)

12 years 3 months ago #187093 by nant

markhobbs wrote: Thank you Nick. Would I assume CB171 is Jommla 1.7 based? This site is 1.5 based currently. Hate to change the whole site over for one feature. :)

CB 1.7.1 works on all Joomla 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 versions.

12 years 2 months ago #190085 by Pejay
Replied by Pejay on topic Re: Front end user approval
hello, I need to modify the "front end user approval" layout.

In fact, I need to see name, firstname and other fields before approve users in the front end.
Is it possible ?

thank you

12 years 2 months ago #190105 by nant

Pejay wrote: hello, I need to modify the "front end user approval" layout.

In fact, I need to see name, firstname and other fields before approve users in the front end.
Is it possible ?

thank you

That would involve core modifications that we cannot assist with.

You can send more information to moderators by adding cb field [cb_fieldname] in the language string of the email.

Please in the future start a new thread for a new issue, and post in the advanced forum area for better response times.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn