Calendar

12 years 3 months ago #188731 by Furyen
Calendar was created by Furyen
Hello, I want to remove the calendar icon in the registration page. I need only the dropdown fields. Went through a dozen of threads about that but no success whatsoever.
Even tried editing some php files myself but I am not good with it and didn't really manage on my own.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #193040 by bk6366
Replied by bk6366 on topic Re: Calendar

Hello, I want to remove the calendar icon in the registration page. I need only the dropdown fields.

This isn't exactly what you're looking for but might be something to check out:

Components > Community Builder > Configuration> Calendar Type ["Drop-Down (+ Popup Calendar)" OR "Popup Calendar (Old)"]

This is what the old calendar looks like:

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.
Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #193127 by Furyen
Replied by Furyen on topic Re: Calendar
I did quite a thorough research through the Internet back then, and nothing helped. I saw this, and it is not what my issue is. I need it gone.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #193140 by bk6366
Replied by bk6366 on topic Re: Calendar
This is one way to accomplish this task - if someone has an easier way, I'd love to hear it :)

Backup your files / database before attempting the following hack!

I checked out the CB credits and noticed that the calendar in question was created by Jason Moon

After going through his code, I was able to identify that the calendar javascript is located here: /components/com_comprofiler/js/calendardateinput.min.js.

The editable/easy-to-read version is 'calendardateinput.js' but will need to be recompressed/renamed prior to uploading to your server.

You will need to make a core edit to the javascript as follows on line 43:
var cbcalImageURL = cbTemplateDir + 'calendar_icon.jpg';  
//Line 43: remove 'calendar_icon.jpg and replace with "" '

You will have to recompress the js using an editor like PSPad or by using a free online tool such as this one .

This hack will simply 'hide' the calendar popup from the registration page leaving the drop down fields available.

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds