Different Options During Registration

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191120 by 41global
Different Options During Registration was created by 41global
Hello CB Family,

I recently purchased cb subs and i'm not sure if i'm able to do what i want.

Basically wanting registration just how easyroomate.com works. If user choses option A they get certain fields displayed while if another user choses option B, that user gets totally different fields than option A? Can CBSubs get this done or is community builder only needed? If so, is this a easy configuration within field & tab management or will i need to add some sql/if statements somewhere so when a user choses option A only this field shows vice versa? Don't want pricing/plans to show until the final phase of registration which will give them 3 different options to upgrade to from the free account.

Thanks N Advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191135 by nant
You can hide CB registration field based on subscription plan selected on the registration page.

look at workflow tab of your CBSubs plans to see how to select fields to hide on registration form.

Please note that if you want these fields to not appear later on on the user profiles, you have to use the CBSubs tab/field protection plugin (these is a chapter on this in the manual).

12 years 2 months ago #191139 by 41global
Replied by 41global on topic Re: Different Options During Registration
Thanks so much for response. I am basically wanting to let all users subscribe free and then upgrade to plans later after registration. Would CB Conditional get this done? Was doing some research and it seems that tool will work perfect. I am basically wanting to Option A | B to see different fields when membership is chosen during registration.

12 years 2 months ago #191145 by nant
I don't enderstand.

You want to let people subscribe free and then upgrade?

Please give more details about exactly what you are trying to do.

12 years 2 months ago #191157 by 41global
Replied by 41global on topic Re: Different Options During Registration
Basically, i want users to have two options to chose from, Option A | Option B. I want for the register fields to change according to which option the user chooses. Both options will start off with same restrictions(free plan) until they upgrade which will allow for them to use other features after upgrading. So it's not the plans im trying to figure out but rather how to hide/show fields according to which option is chosen in beginning. Thanks for taking the time to try to understand.

12 years 2 months ago #191163 by nant

41global wrote: Basically, i want users to have two options to chose from, Option A | Option B. I want for the register fields to change according to which option the user chooses. Both options will start off with same restrictions(free plan) until they upgrade which will allow for them to use other features after upgrading. So it's not the plans im trying to figure out but rather how to hide/show fields according to which option is chosen in beginning. Thanks for taking the time to try to understand.

So you can have on registration 2 Free plans that a user must pick from.
Based on the pick some registration fields will appear and others will be hidden.

You can do this just fine with CBSubs.

later on these 2 parent plans might have optional paid child plans that users can also subscribe to and get more privileges.

All of this is doable just fine with CBSubs.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn