Redirect user to profile page after login URGENT

12 years 2 months ago #191377 by dilipmerani
I am working with cb 1.7.1 and joomla 1.5 i need to redirect users to their profile page after login, i am using search engine friendly urls.
For example a demo installation is here
codesanddesigns.com/mcart/index.php/

when a username hello logins he is not directed any where. I want each user to their username page to be directed to his page after login like this codesanddesigns.com/mcart/index.php/project/userprofile/hello.html

so if user demo logins he is taken to his profile codesanddesigns.com/mcart/index.php/project/userprofile/demo.html

I tried using index.php?option=com_comprofiler but i want each user to have a unique url.

Please help any help would be appreciated

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192072 by rspack

dilipmerani wrote: I tried using index.php?option=com_comprofiler but i want each user to have a unique url.

Using the above url, even with Joomla SEF enabled should redirect the users to their profile page.

If you are wanting custom URLs, then you will need to get a different SEF app for Joomla, like sh404SEF from Joomla extensions. (It is a $$$ commercial extension):

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/sef/10134?qh=YTozOntpOjA7czozOiJzZWYiO2k6MTtzOjQ6InNlZnMiO2k6MjtzOjU6InNlZicuIjt9

As I don't use it personally, I have heard it will do what you are wishing to do with custom URLs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn