New users missing from user lists.

12 years 1 month ago #194472 by troykristoffer
New users missing from user lists. was created by troykristoffer
I have created a user list and linked to it from a menu item.
The list is supposed list all users, does not seem to be adding newly registered users. There are now 7 users in the CB User manager in the back end. There are only the original 4 users on the list on the front end.

I also created a NEW list, with settings EXACTLY the same as the old list, and it includes all "Approved". It shows 6 users. (1 of the users is not approved, and I cannot approve them due to another, unrelated problem .)

I suspect, however, that if I were to add an 8th user to the site, that it wouldn't add it to this new list. I cannot test this though, until I fix this other problem , as the new user will be unapproved until I approve it.

DO I misunderstand user lists and they only generate one-time snapshots of the current userbase? I assume new users are supposed to appear on lists that they should be on.

-Troy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #194475 by bk6366
Replied by bk6366 on topic Re: New users missing from user lists.
Hi Troy-
I would think that any support provided would begin with an 'upgrade to current Joomla' statement.

I just upgraded to CB 1.8 to see if it would fix the problem and it did not. I am now using Joomla 1.5.25. I have uninstalled all unnecessary extensions.

Another response might be to check your SEO/SEF settings and/or disable any 3rd party extensions one-by-one to see if that clears things up.

I'm on J1.7/CB1.7 and the userlists work fine (that is after I've cleared my cache and reloaded).

Best-

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn