Does CB 1.8 Work with mySQL 4.1.22?

12 years 3 weeks ago #196370 by ryman
The CB1.8_Installation.pdf says MYSQL 5.0 or better required. I want to upgrade an old Joomla 1.0.15 site that is using MYSQL 4.1.22. Will this work? Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196374 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Does CB 1.8 Work with mySQL 4.1.22?
Obviously it will not.

That's what MYSQL 5.0 or better means.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196381 by ryman
Replied by ryman on topic Re: Does CB 1.8 Work with mySQL 4.1.22?
I need to upgrade on old Joomla site that is using CB 1.1 since that version has a security vulnerability. Is there a secure version of CB that works with mySQL 4.1.22?

12 years 3 weeks ago #196382 by ryman
My old Joomla site showed the following message:

Your version is : 1.1
Latest version :
1.8 WARNING: high-risk security vulnerability has been discovered: Please Update ASAP ! More info and release 1.8 available on Joomlapolis !!!

I hunted through the archived versions and see that CB 1.4 does work with MYSQL 4.0 or better. I hope that the CB 1.1 vulnerability has been resolved in this version.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196388 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Does CB 1.8 Work with mySQL 4.1.22?

ryman wrote: I need to upgrade on old Joomla site that is using CB 1.1 since that version has a security vulnerability. Is there a secure version of CB that works with mySQL 4.1.22?

CB 1.1 is over 2 years old.

MYSQL 4 is even older.

Ask your host to move you to a MYSQL 5 environment.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196391 by ryman
I upgraded to CB 1.4 and this did remove the high-risk security vulnerability. Now I see the following which seem to be a good improvement.

Your version is : 1.4
Latest version :
1.8 New Community Builder 1.8 is a highly recommended free upgrade, now available for download on Joomlapolis.com fixing all known minor issues and including 2 minor security-improvements.

I assume MYSQL 5.0 is compatible with 4.1.22 so that I can at least update the database without forcing an update of Joomla. I do want to move the website forward but haven't looked into what's involved in migration to Joomla 1.5. Do I need to change content, templates, etc., or is it a simple code update?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn