Joomla SEF and Rewrite URLs

11 years 9 months ago #205459 by speedpacer
Joomla SEF and Rewrite URLs was created by speedpacer
I've noticed a lot of people are having trouble with CB and Joomla SEF. I've set up an unusually higher number of Joomla sites than normal over the last few months and I've been seeing some strange behavior with this as well and I wanted to share it with everyone.

In your configuration.php file, the $live_site parameter doesn't get configured by default during installation. If this isn't configured, weird things will happen, things you may not even be aware of. For example, one of my users got a subscription renewal that directed them to some other random domain. Naturally, my first thought was that my site had been hacked.

I also noticed during a new Joomla/CB installation that I'd forgotten to enable "Use URL rewriting". Once I did, I started getting 404 errors, but after I set $live_site, everything started working again as expected.

It's an easy fix. Just open up your configuration.php file in the root of your Joomla install directory and adjust the following parameter, replacing "yourdomain" with whatever your domain name is of course.
public $live_site = 'http://www.yourdomain.com';

Hope this helps. :)

Speed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn