CB 1.8.1 installation issue on joomla 1.0.15

11 years 9 months ago #205692 by mernex
Hi,

I want to do a NEW install of CB 1.8.1 on a joomla 1.0.15 site on a server for witch I don't have access to the PHP settings (the server is FREE for the french readers).

As I have a 2M limit on upload_max_filesize, I've tried to do a manual install as indicated in the Installation Guide.

There I get the error message: {websitestructure}/administrator/components/com_installer/component/comprofiler.php does not exist!. Of course: this file is in the com_comprofiler sub-directory..
As far as I can see, the install created at least:
  • An empty diretory com_profiler in site/administrator/components
  • AN empty diretory com_profiler in site/components, containning other empty directories

In the README-NEW-INSTALL.txt file, I saw that for joomla 1.0.x, the safe_mode must be OFF for the install process. On my server it is On, and I can't change it .
  1. Does any one know if this is the reason of my issue ?
  2. Is there an other solution to install CB with safe mode ON ?
  3. Is "safe_mode ON" required for the install process only, or also to run CB ?

If the answer to the third question is "only for install". Perhaps I can install CB on copy of my site on a local serveur, and then re transfer the site to the exploitation server. I hope there is a more simpler and quick solution ...

Hopping someone can hep me.
Thank you for your answers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #205981 by mernex
No idea anybody ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn